Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stacie247 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Differences between me and my friends
    My friends are white and I'm black, white, indian, and german, they all wear american eagle, aeropastle, and abercrombie, I wear overalls and levis's, they have long straight blond(ish) hair, I have black poofy hair, they have rainbows, I have vans... why don't they accept me the way I am? Just because I can't get abercromie and american eagle... etc... doesn't mean I'm not a nice person. Advice??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Just do your own thing and don't worry about the others. Their attitude is immature and probably unwarranted. No one needs shallow friends.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Cloths don't make the person. Being a good person does more for your life than wearing overpriced junk.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Be yourself and develop your own style. You will be a lot happier trying to please yourself rather than trying to please others. :)
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Sep 11, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Real friends accept our differences.
    With Real friends you can even celebrate your differences!
    Real friends aren't concerned with your material things or the lack of because they are blinded by the beauty within that radiates outwardly.

You see the difference? Get some REAL friends, these girls are trying so hard to be whatever they think is "cool" they aren't concerned with being Real or even Good friends, and with friends like this you don't need enemies.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Hello Stacie247,

When I was in middle school, I went through the same phase. Yes, I call it a phase because when you are all in your 30's, the only clothes you'll be worried about is the ones that you can't afford because all your money is going towards the important things in life such as food, shelter, gas, kids etc...

Seriously, you'll get over it. I did.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 14, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Well, maybe they are not real friends.

Friends ARE accepting of you.

Why not hang out w/ people whom dress more like you? It seems to me, (and many others I am sure.. ) that young people dress a certain way to express their inner selves.. You may not have enough in common w/ people who dress in Abercrombie or American Eagle... they might be too straight edge or prep for you, personality-wise.

It's worth thinking about...
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Great point SweetDee but have you noticed that non-Abercrombie and Fitch dressers rarely make fun of people because they don't dress in the name brand clothes?

Sep 17, 2008, 08:55 AM
    No, I haven't noticed that, beautifulbrunette. I do know that all kinds of fashionista's like to point their noses up to the air and dictate that they have the ultimate style and look... so, I really don't agree w/ abercrombie and Fitch being the only styled people that do the judging...
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 09:15 AM
    You're totally right. People who tend to dress in expensive clothes, doesn't matter what brand, do judge what other people wear.

Sep 18, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Maybe it's because it's human nature... Honestly, I think if we can just keep our judging in a sweet spirit rather than an negative one, we'd all be just deciding if we like the look rather than thinking less of the person, no?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Differences between men and women [ 4 Answers ]

NEWS BULLETIN - Men and women are NOT alike. Sure, you thought you already knew that. But now we have proof! After Countless hours of surveys and studies on the following topics, these Facts have emerged: Relationships: First of all, a man does not call a relationship a relationship...

The differences between us [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone has a hypothesis on why some people are able to forgive and give second chances so easily and openly, and why others cannot?

Culture differences [ 3 Answers ]

My b-friend and I have been together for almost 2 yrs now, we moved in together 4 months ago and its been great (most of the time) the problem is that we are from diff. cultures I am Latina from PR and he is Irish/Italian and I'm finding a lot of things that I don't like about him.. like for...

Too many differences [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been on and off for almost a year now, and before we started going out I was committed to saving myself for marriage. But, about 6 months into the relationship that all went down the drain and he left me broken hearted when he went on a 5 week trip to europe. Now we've had a...

View more questions Search