Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlfpint531 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Medical
    I have dental bill of 973.00 which I am being taken to small claims court for. The court is in NJ and I live in PA. Can they garnish my wages because I do not have the full amount to give them? If so how much are they allowed to garnish my wages for and does it show on my credit report?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2006, 07:41 PM
    If you appear in court and offer to pay a major part of the bill and offer a reasonable payment plan, the judge may make them accept it.

If they win the judgement, they can ask for a garnishment, they may have to file in your state at a hearing first ( not sure of agreements between the two states) Garnishments, depending on local will be from 25 percent to 50 percent of your pay normally.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 11, 2006, 02:20 PM
    Hello halfpint:

Will a judgment show up on your credit report? You betcha it will.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you! Would like to get information on the Pituary Gland. Can anyone help?:o

Medical Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to retire from a large corporatation where I pay monthly premiums into our medical/dental plan. When I retire at end of year - that will stop and will purchase another family policy on my own. My wife has a travel agent business (a franchise - i.e. she receives a 1099 from them). My...

Medical question [ 5 Answers ]

Do patients need to follow the unwritten contract to "follow orders" as directed?

What is the medical term for... [ 1 Answers ]

I have sensitive skin that can easily react to temperature change, heat, stress, anxiety, embarrassment, and sometimes even touch. Red blotches/marks appear on my face, neck, and upper arms. It appears quickly and takes a while for it to go away. It is not anxiety centered, like it used to be. What...

Medical Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I feel very lucky to find this site. It looks like it could be very useful. I will just jump right in and see what happens. A couple of years ago, I was caught up in a layoff, typical for my business. Seems like they are coming sooner and lasting longer. Well, because of the layoff, I was...

View more questions Search