Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    while individually many do care at which is going on in the 3rd world, the 1st world (understanding by this governments and large corporations) not only are indifferent to this situation but they take advantage of it.
    And I totally agree with that.
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Aug 21, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Thanks, Wondergirl,

By the same token, and despite such indifference, we, as individuals, must keep on giving whatever little help we may, no matter how small, for everything counts.

Gromitt82
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Aug 21, 2013, 07:40 AM
    NfoJunkie4Life, said:

Quote:
    God is perfect

Of course God is perfect. The mere consideration that God has created the Universe (the known and the unknown ones) with its uncomprehensible dimensions; that God has no Beginning and no End and Its Infinite power, must imply endless total perfection, although I am of the opinion that our qualifying terms cannot beguin to be applied to God.

However, God sent Jesus to redeem us and to show us the path we have to follow to reach our salvation. This path is contained in the 11th Commandment: "Love one another as I have loved you"

Nothing else, but nothing less...
    Gromitt82
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Rereading the original post, I'd like to address a couple of things. First, Christianity is not now, and never has been, a rule system. Those "rules" are artificial constructs that various church groups have placed on people over the centuries, but they aren't really biblical. The key passage is Romans 14: everything is permissible, as long as conscience allows it and it doesn't screw up someone else's spiritual walk. If you're growing beyond those rules and starting to understand your freedom in Christ and how best to live within it, you're growing up.

As for your BF, have you talked with him about these feelings? Does he know about the previous relationship and what it did to you? They key to everything in a relationship is communication. I lost my wife of 30 years because we couldn't communicate. By God's grace I got her back and we talk now more openly and forthrightly than ever before. If you're not comfortable talking one on one with him about this, get a qualified third party, whether a counselor, or one of your pastors, someone like that. They should be able, not only to help you open up and tell the BF how you're feeling, but also help him hear and understand what you're saying and not misunderstand or panic. But trust me, even at the risk of losing him, you do NOT want to keep that stuff bottled up. Because when it eventually does reach the bursting point, it's a lot worse than if you let the pressure out a little at a time through talking and working on it together.

As far as him becoming a Christian, the best thing you can do is live it for him to see, to the best of your ability. When you fumble, and you will, we all do, find ways to communicate that, yeah, I blew that one, that's why I'm glad that God forgives. I'm trying to do better. Inviting him to church is fine, but he, like most non-believers, is going to be a lot more interested in how it's making your life better and making you a better person. That too is communication.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To All Self-Proclaimed Christians [ 41 Answers ]

A lot of this is not going to make sense, since I’m just basically writing whatever is coming into my mind right now so bear with me. I have a feeling the people (not all) who claim to love or believe in God only do it because of his ability to put people in heaven or hell. It's like a mass...

2 timothy 2:24--for Christians [ 9 Answers ]

2 Timothy 2:24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. If you are a disciple of Christ and call yourself Christian, how do you justify the arguing of points? Doesn't the Word of God speak for itself? Why do...

Christians and catholics [ 27 Answers ]

Some people say that christians and catholics are very similar, but they do divide because of some major doctrinal issues. Such as mass or eucharist. Catholics believe that when we take communion that the wafer actually becomes the body of jesus and the wine or juice or whatever is used becomes...

View more questions Search