Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moekhan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Canadian Forces (Interview & Physical before or after Aptitude test)
    I am just wondering what the hirerachy is for the three screening processing within the Canadian forces.

1. Aptitude Test
    2. Physical test
    3. Interview

And what if you fail... lets say the aptitude test, do you still get an interview? Or not?\??

+

ANY TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW+ Physical WOULD BE HELPFUL

- How many people interviewing
    - What kinds of questions
    - What kinds of physical tests
    - Any preparation guides?

They suggest to wear gym attire for the physical, however, they usually schedule the interview right after the physical..? How does that work? Do I change again prior to giving an interview?? :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 04:36 PM
    I wouldn't even presume to answer any of your questions. Let everything be a surprise that way you will be completely spontaneous.

Sep 10, 2008, 05:02 PM
    What?

Everyone I know prepares and recommends preparation for interviews and tests...

What kind of an answer is this?

Sep 11, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Canadian Forces (Interview, Physical and Aptitude test)
    I am just wondering what the hirerachy is for the three screening processing within the Canadian forces.

1. Aptitude Test
    2. Physical test
    3. Interview

And what if you fail... lets say the aptitude test, do you still get an interview? Or not?\??

+

ANY TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW+ Physical WOULD BE HELPFUL

- How many people interviewing
    - What kinds of questions
    - What kinds of physical tests
    - Any preparation guides?

They suggest to wear gym attire for the physical, however, they usually schedule the interview right after the physical..? How does that work? Do I change again prior to giving an interview??
    Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 02:25 AM
    What ? You didn't like my answer ? My answers are my choice and I answer the way I see fit, moekhan. The armed forces have a guide book for this preparation, moekhan.
    Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Don't get me wrong. Seeking a career in the Canadian Armed Forces is a wonderful way to justify a thirst for adventure, knowledge and travel. I know a few young men who have done just that. They joined without very much education, now have quite a lot of education and are happy in their choice. One, in fact, joined because he was pressure by his family to get on with his life and become a suitable human being (he was good in school but misdirected), stayed for a few years, left and went back and stayed. Got married. Lives on base in southeast Ontario and has never looked back.

I do commend you for your choice. I know it's a grab bag now, anything can happen nowadays.

I just question your coming on and asking for help in getting through the procedure to join.

Just do it.
    follow please Posts: 64, Reputation: -1

Sep 30, 2008, 03:55 PM

Hey. I just did my apt not too long ago. There was only ONE person doing the interviewing for me, but it might be different for you I guess. After the aptitude test they give you a list of drugs and whatnot and you must answer how many times you've used each, when the first time you used it, and the last time you used it. The questions in the interview are occasionally based on this. Others include whether you know that you may have to kill, have friends die, can you endure the physical and mental strain/stress. The interview was very quick. The physical tests your hearing, your vision, whether you are color blind, they test your mobility (if you can bend certain ways or not), they check if your body is well proportioned (in my case, my right calf muscle was nearly twice as big as my left), they check how far you can bring up your knees to your chest etc. The only prep is to make sure there are no drugs in your system, going to the gym (for the physical fitness if you get in), and you may need to touch up your math and english for the apt.

Follow Please
    Live Love and always Learn
    follow please Posts: 64, Reputation: -1

Sep 30, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Oh, they just had me strip down to nothing but my boxers, kind of awkward lol. And you can't fail the apt, you'll be able to be an infantry soldier, and I can't remember what its called right now, but basically a cleaner lmao. Don't worry too hard, you'll do fine. I didn't think id do great at all, but I destroyed it. Have fun, hopefully well meet in the forces sometime :)

Follow Please
    Live Love and Learn

Oct 13, 2008, 12:49 PM

Thanks tickle. My test is next week.

Oct 13, 2008, 12:50 PM

Wow. Great info.. Thanks. I hv it this week. Lets see what happends...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 13, 2008, 01:54 PM
    >Threads Merged<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Urine test in standard physical! Marijuana? [ 8 Answers ]

Didn't know where to post this but please I am so worried!! I just got a standard physical and inlcuded was I had to pee in a cup. They didn't tell me it was for drugs specifically. Will marijuana show up on a test like this? And if it does I last smoked about 100 Hours ago but I rarley rarley...

Damping forces [ 1 Answers ]

Is damping forces change period of any oscillation system?

Other Forces [ 2 Answers ]

Question: Besides its weight, a 2.70 kg object is subjected to one other constant force. The object starts from rest and in 1.20 s experiences a displacement of (4.20 - 3.30) m, where the direction of is the upward vertical direction. Determine the other force. Where do I begin??

View more questions Search