Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luckster Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
    I have windows Xp and a HP720 it test prints but then won't print out
    I have a wireless Toshiba laptop hooked up to my HP 720 series printer (not wireless) after numerous hours finally got it to test print out a page only in color. After many suggestions I have deleted and reinstalled the HP printer and drivers and that is how I got the test page printed out. I also tried temporarily turning off all firewalls, this did not help. The printer says on idle when I try to print but it does say ready when I test print. Any help? :(
    Thanks Luckster
    abbymimi Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
    What program are you trying to print from?

Sep 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Microsoft word why is it not allowing me to print out and onlt test print
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Go to Printers and faxes, printers and make sure that this printer is the default printer.

Curious, how is the printer connected to the laptop?

Sep 12, 2008, 03:23 PM
    It is the default printer snd is connected by the cable plug in the back of the compter directly to the printer
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Okay, that doesn't quite help me.

Arte you using a USB port (4 pin flat plug), Parallel port (25 pin female in a D shaped connector), Serial Port ( 9 or 25 pin male)

Sep 12, 2008, 03:48 PM
    I am using a parallel port and now when I try to test print a page it says error corrupt drivers- I insttaled HP 720c as I installed printer HP 720c right from the add programs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP PSC will not print, or prints blank? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, This is probably really stupid, but I recently moved and since the move, my printer (HP PSC 1315 all-in-one) will not print, or it prints blank pages. Ive always had it connected with a usb cable before (thats what it came with) and now, it will only print blank. When I go into printer...

Can't print web pages in Windows Vista [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to print web pages, only the header and footer (and occasionally the graphics) print, not the body text. I am using Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron with a Canon i860 printer (Vista driver installed).

Printer won't print [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried to download my lexmark printer and it took it and when I go to control panel and look in their the printer says ready to use but when I try to print a page a small screen pops up and reads unable to print disconnect usb or disconnect power or restart computter and after all that it...

Can't print web pages with new windows vista [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot print pages on the internet. Otherwise I can print from programs , etc. I have to copy the text and paste it to word pad. When I push print, an error box comes up and asks if I want to continue running scripts on this page with errors. I have a Dell Dim. DXC061, Intel Core 2 CPU, 6400...

Windows xp pro print [ 4 Answers ]

How do you print with xp pro?

View more questions Search