Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazzie Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Power supply replacement
    I have a bad 250 watt power supply in a dell dimension 4600. Can I replace it with a 350 watt PS?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 10, 2006, 12:49 PM
    I'm not positive on that one, but bet someone will come along who knows for sure.

I pipe in because the PS went out on my computer last year and I found that a case with PS was cheaper than the PS alone - and I liked the case a lot better to boot.

I went the new case w/PS route and was glad I did.
    GuestWei Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

May 10, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Watts of the power supply does not matter for which mechine. It only matters if you try to connect to many drivers. The more drivers you have the more power you will need. Since 250w works for your PC, any PS will do.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 10, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Guest probably meant drives NOT drivers... and you can swap out the old for a new just take it to a local computer vendor and match up the size of the power supply... some could be physically larger and smaller than your but should be no problem... good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom power supply [ 6 Answers ]

Have a two story townhouse with two and 1/2 baths. Have been trying to find a way to track the power source for the bathroom outlets. Each bath has an outlet but there is no power at this time. Used to work. Have tried opening switchplates and tracking the jumper wires to outlets, but none seem to...

Power supply of Fan concern? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I new to this so can anyone help? A fan on my power supply has recently beening getting noisy. The noise come and goes. Its gets loud something's and then quiet downs for a while. Like I mentioned above this started to happen recently. Is this problem cause by my power supply...

Power supply and sys board/cpu [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use a power supply that says "for pentium 4" with a pcchips board and an AMD sempron 2700? Supply is a 400.

Supply valve replacement [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove the nut and compression fitting on a sink supply valve?

Computer Power Supply [ 9 Answers ]

Hey peepz! I recently noticed that ma new computer overheats often, which is starting to worry me slightly :eek: . I was told that it could be the power supply unit which is 250V. I have the following specs... 3400+ 64 AMD Processor MicroStar MSI MS-6741 uATX Motherboard 1024MB RAM ATI...

View more questions Search