Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    555dano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Removing a tile kitchen floor in a Restaurant
    I am going to be removing a red tile kitchen floor from a restaurant about 2,000 sq ft. Does anyone have any hints on doing this. I will be replacing it with an epoxy so I will be grinding the floor once the tiles are removed.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 11:58 AM
    What kind of red tile, vinyl? For an area this big I'd rent an electric floor scarper/chipper. Carpet Tools/Flooring Tools;Vinyl Tools, Laminate Tools, Carpet Installation Supplies, Jamb Saw, Knee Pads, Carpet Stretcher, Ceramic Tile Tools, Carpet Machines, flooring tools and supplies at whole sale prices. Roberts carpet tools , Crain carpet t

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing black adhesive from floor before installing new vinyl tile [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom (at the church I belong to) that has a hard type of vinyl tile in it. A toilet has overflowed 2 times in the past and flooded the floor. As a result, a lot of the tile has come loose. I have the replacement VINYL tile, but need to know how to continue. Under the tile is black...

Removing tile floor [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a slab and the my floor has a linoleum tile on it and I put a peel and stick tile floor on top of that. What is the best way to remove both old floors and what tools or chemicals will I need to make the job easier? I want to go down to the concrete to put in a new floor in. Will there...

Removing Old Vinyl Tile from Cement Floor [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove old vinyl tile from a cement floor? The tile has been on the floor for approx. 25 years and is securely stuck to the cement. Thank you, Mary Hamilton

Removing stains on floor tile grout [ 6 Answers ]

I am having a terrible time removing stains from grout that was here when we bought the house. It is in the kitchen and I have tried everything under the sun. Some one said vinegar and that didn't work. Ive also tried oxyclen and it didn't work either. I have tried clorox clean up and awesome. We...

Removing Hardset Tile Mastic from Concrete Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove a hardset ( not glue type) mastic from a large area of concrete floor. The mastic is almost as hard as the concrete and must be ground down in order to lay carpet. I am currently using a floor belt sander with hardest grade paper. It's moving at just about a snails pace. Is...

View more questions Search