Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbking319 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Transfer deed owner dead 8 yrs do ourselves
    My husband mother passed away 8 years ago, the house was left to him we are now finally going to transfer the deed to his name how can we do this ourselves?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 10, 2008, 10:47 AM
    How is the deed currently listed? If its in both names with right of survivorship, then it's a simple matter. If its only in her name, he's going to have prove a) she is deceased, b) he is the heir to the property, c) he is the executor of the estate with the right to transfer the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of Warranty of Deed upon death of co-owner [ 2 Answers ]

My Mother transferred her house from herself alone to both she and I by registering a new Warranty Deed in her county (in Nebraska). At the time she executed the transfer, she explained to me that she was doing this so that the property would transfer to me upon her death rather than have to...

Transfer of Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to have a deed transferred to me. I was wondering how that process works, how long does it take, and what other steps are involved in the process?

Contract for Deed OR Owner Finance? [ 4 Answers ]

I was not successful in selling my previous home for $148,000 in summer last year, then my son moved in and back out (he also owns another house to which he moved back... divorce affair.) I found a tenant as of May 1, 2007. She has good references but does not have sufficient credit to buy the...

How Can A Owner Of A Property Add Someone To Their Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in orlando fla I would like to know how can I as the home owner add someone to my deed. What forms do I need to use. I know already that I have to know the pay off my mortgage before I can so this I have requested this information. If anyone nows in this area can they give me a quicl...

View more questions Search