Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Sep 10, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Dog and the post man
    Okay I admit I try and train my dog he does the sit, stay, lay, when he wants he's a bull terrior in other words pit bull. He waits around every morning at 9:15-9:40 like clock work waiting for the post man to arrive, I have tried to tempt him with treats, we've had my brother in law come over from work dressed as a postman, he doesn't do anything to him. But the post man he barks at over and over and the poor man has to walk by our house twice. Also postal trucks if he sees one he starts doing the same thing. He's never seen our post man with a truck so I don't understand how he puts the two together. Also having problems with him staying off the couch and bed, any suggestions for anything, I thought about taking him to the local post office and just parking in the middle where all the trucks are so he sees there are many and there okay. I don't know I need help please, and thank you.:(
    UKDgirl Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 08:36 AM
    I know what you mean my dog used to go crazy with the postman so we got a mail box and attached it to our wall therefore the only time he goes mad for the postman is for parcels, you can buy these mail boxes from any D I Y stores. In the mean time ask your postman to knock on your door and then hand you your post. I am sorry I can't help you out about the couch and bed.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Sep 10, 2008, 08:41 AM
    That's the thing my box is attached to the wall, so I think he wants him to come in, but honestly hes' so scared of my dog, he won't come if my door is open, even with the screen door. I have went out to talk to him and showed the dog he's okay, but he just doesn't get it. Maybe there is no hope after all lol. Well at least I'm not the only one facing this problem, thanks.
    UKDgirl Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Yeah I think its because your dog has never actually met the postman so he doesn't know his smell what not I am sure you will work your way around it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know where to post this [ 16 Answers ]

This is about my past relationship and I just want to know if I was emotionally abused or am I an obsessive relationship type person. It all started in 1998; I had met the "man of my dreams". So I thought. Here is the rundown: We move in together, he accuses me of having an affair with the bill...

Can someone post... [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to know if any one can post some photos taken with a wide angle lens? I checked some other sites-weren't really helpful... Thanks...

View more questions Search