Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spalumbo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 08:16 AM
    PC Power Supply
    My computer light around the start button is flashing and the machine will not boot. I tried unplugging it and the light still blinked for a while, eventually going off. When I plugged the computer back in, the light started flashing again. The green light at the back of the computer blinks in coordination with the front. Could the power supply be bad? The machine will not turn on, just blinks. I tried a couple of times and left it unplugged all night. This morning I plugged it in and it started flashing again. Start button does not work. Cannot boot computer.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Sep 10, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Um don't know the answer to your question but I do know my power supply went bad and I had no lights, fan or anything. I had to change it out. Have you been having any problems with your computer prior to this experience? And just curious do you have a good antivirus?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 12:48 PM
    See if you can identify the purpose of the light that is blinking, manuals, guides or is there a little diagram next to the light

What model computer do you have?
    bazman05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spalumbo View Post
    My computer light around the start button is flashing and the machine will not boot. i tried unplugging it and the light still blinked for a while, eventually going off. when i plugged the computer back in, the light started flashing again. The green light at the back of the computer blinks in coordination with the front. Could the power supply be bad? The machine will not turn on, just blinks. I tried a couple of times and left it unplugged all night. This morning i plugged it in and it started flashing again. Start button does not work. cannot boot computer.
    Not sure, but the power supply seems a likely culprit.

I have a problem where I turn my computer on and everything seems to be working but it doesn't boot, so I need to press the reset button after about 10 seconds and everything works OK. My computer seems to be a bit slower than usual and when I run a virus checker or try to install software such as anti-spyware or anti-virus related my computer freezes.

Now I maybe completely in the wrong area and I apologise, but the reason I'm in this section is because I recently installed a new power supply and these problems seemed to happen a week or two after.

Could this be the Power Supply?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power supply [ 4 Answers ]

I had a power failure yester afternoon at my home. When I went home to check the computer, the light on the front was blinking and system would not power up. The computer was completely off yesterday. Could the problem be the power supply? Sal

Power supply [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know how to power up a Automation Direct power supply (STP-PWR-3204). Currently, I have connected the 120V AC pins G,N,L to various connections to a 10-circuit terminal block which in turn in wired to other components such as stepper drivers, etc. But to power up everything, I...

Computer power supply [ 3 Answers ]

When I went on vacation I had switched the power strip to the off position and 10 days later when I switched back on at the power strip there was that sound of electronics sizzle with a small amount of smoke that I had through was something other than my desk top. I've checked the power strip and...

Power supply [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a new mother board and I wanted to put my graphics card back in, but I'm worried that the power supply doesn't have enough power. I was going to try it, but I didn't want to if it might do some damage to my comp. Does anyone know if I try it and it doesn't work, will it possibly damage...

Power supply replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bad 250 watt power supply in a dell dimension 4600. Can I replace it with a 350 watt PS?

View more questions Search