Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowbell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 12:33 AM
    Calf Reduction Training
    Hello. I have a couple of questions regarding calf reduction.

My thick calves are inherited. I was looking for ways to slim my calves when I ran into an interesting article. The article said there are fast and slow-twitch fibers in our muscles. To make things short, the article suggested that I should perform 2 sets of very high rep exercises. Also, it suggested that I shouldn't eat any protein after exercise so my body will eat my own muscle tissues to recover. To jump start that recovery process, I'll have to drink simple sugary drinks.

Should I try this type of exercise?
    Won't consuming sugar result in fat gain?

My friend also told me that if I decrease muscle mass, my metabolism will plummet.
    Do you know of any ways I can increase my metabolism while losing my calf muscles?
    Will running or biking speed up my metabolism?

Thanks. Wow, I asked a lot. :eek:
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Sep 10, 2008, 01:15 AM
    You do not want to have muscle wastage! It is bad, as you already pointed out, it can do funny things to your functions!

When I joined the gym, I explained I didn't want any more muscle on my calves and the things to avoid are the leg press and leg curl equipment! This should stop you gaining bulk!

I hope this helps, I am not a fitness expert but this advice was given by one!
    snowbell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Hi, thanks for your advice. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin
    You do not want to have muscle wastage! It is bad, as you already pointed out, it can do funny things to your functions!

When I joined the gym, I explained I didn't want any more muscle on my calves and the things to avoid are the leg press and leg curl equipment! This should stop you gaining bulk!

I hope this helps, I am not a fitness expert but this advice was given by one!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is he best way to tone calf muscles [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm getting into shape and was wondering how to make my calf muscles nice and strong. Thanks

Left calf cramp [ 6 Answers ]

Basically once a week or so my left calf muscle cramps up severely. It always happens during sleep to violently wake me up. I have a banana a day so I don't think it's due to lack of potassium. I walk a lot, but other than that... any idea why?

Does anyone know about the sky calf isolater [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know about the sky calf isolater if it works or doesn't if someone does write back.:(

View more questions Search