Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KodyandKaid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 10:29 PM
    How do I terminate my rights and give custody to father
    I'm 43 and just gave birth to identical twin boys. I want to give up all my rights to them and give permanent custody to the father who is in agreement with this. He does not want child support. The boys in question will receive money from my family trust. We are in California
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KodyandKaid
    I'm 43 and just gave birth to identical twin boys. I want to give up all my rights to them and give permanent custody to the father who is in agreement with this. He does not want child support. The boys in question will recieve money from my family trust. We are in California

You don't have to give up rights to them which very well be next to impossible to do. You sign over legal custody to him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 10, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Its highly unlikely that a court will grant you a termination of rights. But its not necessary. Have the father file for Full and Sole Custody. When the petition comes up in court, you state that you have no objection and it will most likely be granted. Then you can choose to be part of their lives or not.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
    In doing as scott has sugested you will need to explain the situation about child support to a judge because you will still be liable to pay it. In calif a wage garnishment is automatic. So you really need to get the worked out to where a judge is going to accept the conditions of support or its not going to fly.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 10, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Right, HE won't have to pay support, but YOU will.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Yes, basically you both hire an attorney, who writes up the paper work, and talk the judge into signing it. Most likely you will not be able to sign your rights away, but you can try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Terminate Parental rights of my sons father [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a 12 year old son. His father has maybe paid six months to a year of childsupport. I have been trying to have the order enforced however they can never locate him to serve him. I know where he is but they can never locate him there. I call and tell him when the court dates are and...

Can an adoptive father terminate his parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

:p :p I have a close friend that adopted his wife's son after they were married. Now, they are separated, filing for divorce and my friend has not seen his son in well over a year. He is currently paying child support as ordered and covering this child under his HI. Before the separation, his...

Father wants to terminate rights. [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 18 years old and when he was 17 he got a 16 year old girl pregnant. Their baby is now 4 months old. While this girl was pregnant she physically attacted me and my boyfriend. And she broke into he's mother's house while he lived there and stole a car seat that he bought for he's car...

Can a Father terminate his rights? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is interested in terminating his rights to his child from a previous marriage. Another man wants to sdopt her and we literally can't afford the child support. How do you go about this process?:confused:

Terminate Father Rights In Ca. [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I want to know what are the steps to sign my child over to her mom. My daughter is going to turn 7 years-old in January, her mom has called cps 100 times, all allegation were unfound it, they said my new wife was slapping my kid, they say that my step son was touching her in the privates...

View more questions Search