Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jay_Bird Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2008, 09:38 PM
    I am in trouble guys
    Okay me and my ex have been broken up for 3 months

Its sad

Because,I have tried the no contact things two times,and every time,exactly a week my ex girlfriend will call me,and I pick up the phone

It seem like things always flip flop,at times we are hanging out with each other kissing,and hugging,even having sex

Then at times she is so cold with me,I asked her if she is still in love with me Sunday night,and it took her awhile to tell me,she said can't you tell by the silence and I said no

And then she finally came out and told me no,she didn't love me,even after a month ago she told me she was in love with me,I got so angry at her,I called her a fake and I hung up on her,she texted me back with this " : ("

I texted her the next day,and told her I apologize for calling her a... and all she texted back was "lol"

Can you guys let me know what's going on with her

Half of me,wants her back,and half of me don't

I feel like if I can actually make it to a month without talking to her,I will finally realize where I want to be,and even work in my part,cause I will be able to move on

But what if I am doing the no contact,and she calls me,she I ignore??
    turbogtir Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Man you just fuc*ed yourself over , firstly NEVER APOLIGISE and secondly NEVER BREAK NON CONTACT! She's messing with you dude, just go no contact for aslong as possible, try another 2 weeks or even longer, and if she doesn't try get in contact with you, then she's gone, but if she does, it means she still feels something and miss's what you had, that's my 2 cents anyway

p.s she could be testing you to to get a reaction, and thast what you gave her, just give her silence, remember silence is GOLDEN.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 10:43 PM
    She's playing you my friend and your allowing it.

She's told you she doesn't love you so take it as that , IGNORE her and get on with your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 06:14 AM
    You just keep going back to the misery and pain. She has what she wants, at your expense, so just stop letting her do it. Block her phone number, and do No Contact for real, and get on with your life, and let her do as she pleases with someone else. She is not going to give you what you want, so stop thinking she will.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 06:31 AM
    How many times do you stand behind a horse and get kicked in the balls before you learn MAYBE I SHOULDN'T STAND BEHIND THIS HORSE! Damn bro! What is your problem? Do you like the pain and confusion? You seriously need to learn that it's over, you are nothing more than a hump buddy to her and will never get her back
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Sep 10, 2008, 06:54 AM
    I have a friend whose ex-girlfriend did some really terrible things to him. He hated himself for forgiving her. So we decided one day to sit down and write on a piece of paper all of the bad things she had ever done to him. Whenever she would call he would answer the phone, ask her to hold on, and he would go get the piece of paper. He would read it quickly before he would return to the phone. He had a real problem staying angry with her and the piece of paper was always there to remind him what she had done. Put the worst things she's done on the top of the list. Believe it or not it actually worked. She quit bothering him and to this day he still has that piece of paper just in case she ever decides to rear her ugly head again.

Good luck.
    happy_jester Posts: 170, Reputation: 29

Sep 10, 2008, 07:28 AM
    She could be testing you to to get a reaction, and that's what you gave her
    ... That's what happens with an ex,no matter how long they've been apart.

If you don't want hurt,don't get in touch with your ex,no matter how much you
    Want to!!

You gave her what she wanted,and this time,she just reeled you in! :eek:

Sep 10, 2008, 11:00 AM
    I'm letting her run over me I know

She told me that I smothered her

But what I'm wondering is,why she change is fast,went from being in love,to not feeling anything?
    happy_jester Posts: 170, Reputation: 29

Sep 10, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bird
    But what I'm wondering is,why she change is fast,went from being in love,to not feeling anything?
    ... You gave her what she wanted so she doesn't need to bother with
    You now. :(
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 10, 2008, 11:19 AM
    You don't just change from loving someone to not loving someone.

From everything you told us, it sounds like she played the love card to get what she wanted and now she still gets it sometimes without loving you.

Sara says... say goodbye... tell her it was fun while it lasted, but you don't need her anymore ;)
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
    but what I'm wondering is,why she change is fast,went from being in love,to not feeling anything?
    Okay...

Step 1) Ignore everything she has said to you in the past. It doesn't mean sh*t anymore.
    Step 2) Don't give her the opportunity to say anything new to you (Try NC).

Do this for the next few months and you'll be feeling better... trust me.

Sep 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
    OK,I'm going to do no contact

For real this time

Even if she keeps on calling me

Edit and oh yeah

Thanks for all the responses,I do need to man up,because she really is not all that in the first place

Not to sound like I'm all about myself,but I am really beyond her league,and I think now she thinks she is going to get better,but I doubt it

All her friends are single too,so that might have something to do with it

But like wildcat always says

They should not be your life only apart of it

I am going to go a month strong rather she calls,cries,or gripe

I'm going to refuse her text and calls

Thanks guys for the encouragement,I am going to continue to post on this board more
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Sorry you are in a bad place. NC is SOOO important. Moving on from a girl/boyfriend is like breaking a habit. Each day it gets a little easier. Every time you have contact it sets you back.
    Only 2 things can come from talking to an ex:
    1. The conversation goes well - and you feel sad.
    2. The conversation goes poorly - and you feel sad.

Sep 10, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Yeah every time I break contact

Its like I feel so good at first like a high almost,then after that high,after the comdown it just sucks

Cause I'm back at square one,feeling like I'm being used

But coming to this board as made me feel good,going around and reading all the post knowing that I'm not alone on this

And you right,everyday it gets better,just got to stay busy

Good thing I'm in college,and have good friends to hang out with on weekends

Sep 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
    thanks guys for the encouragement,I am going to continue to post on this board more
    There you go.. keep the thread going, and come back when you need encouragement. When your tempted to answer or call back, come here first - we'll set you straight.

Sep 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
    What's weird is

She doesn't care or love me right...

But she gets jealous when I tell her friends of mine,which are girl come see me

And just ask me questions,ask me if we did anything

Next relationship I am in,I will be prepared,and no the do's and don'ts
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Learn a lesson and move on. Always try to take something positive from your experiences.

Sep 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
    That's all it is,is a lesson learn

Something that will build me up on the next relationship
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Sep 11, 2008, 04:46 AM
    Here is a cool little trick I learned from a previous ex that kept playing mind games VERY similar to yours.

You don't have to delete her from your cell phone (since NOBODY really uses a home line anymore... lol) but change her name to something like "IGNORE THIS EX" or write "DON'T PICK UP" or something as her name.

You'll see it, remember why you're not talking to her and get a bit of a laugh when you check your call log and see 17 missed calls from "Don't pick up" lol

My now ex girlfriend of about 3 weeks broke up with me EXACTLY 1 week after our 2.5 year anniversary, she said that she loved me with all her heart each day and even said it the day she broke up with me. I've tried being cordial with her, since I am like family to her actual family and I'm very good friends with her younger sister (she's like my little sister) but guess what, the ex just ignores me. I've only said maybe 2 short things in the past 3 weeks, but it doesn't matter.

This girl wants space, give her it. She'll come crawling back and you'll be with some little cutie anyway. I've noticed (in my own personal experience.) that no matter what nasty things an ex girlfriend will say or do to you during a break up, if you hold your own, they come crawling back eventually (can be a day... could be a year, sometimes on rare occasions it may not be that they come back.)

Whatever you do bro, don't make the mistake I did and tried talking to her, I've been hating myself and getting angry about it.

I also suggest you delete anything that will make you think of her, don't be a myspace stalker, don't ask her friends or family about her, don't stare at pictures of her. Is she HONESTLY, worth you feeling like a doormat?

Sep 11, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Nice post Kevin...

I have to agree with removing things that remind you of her... I've still got that box in the back of my closet from the beginning of the summer. No reason to drag that out anytime soon :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

For the guys [ 9 Answers ]

I recently ran across this post and thought I would put it where we could get something from it. . I am sure a lot of us can relate here, and my reason for bringing it up is so we can better understand a female perspective in a break up. Us guys communicate much differently and where we might...

View more questions Search