Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcallison Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2006, 11:47 PM
    Underground mining
    If you work as a underground miner, and duirng your shift you experience stuck in a
    "cave in" will you still get paid if you come out alive and will you receive overtime
    Pay for the entire time you are stuck underground?
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 10, 2006, 12:01 AM
    Personal fillings I believe you should.
    It was not your fault you got stuck down there so you should get overtime.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 07:38 AM
    Hi,
    Are you an underground miner now?
    That would be a good question for your employer.
    If not, I really don't think anyone in a "cave-in", not able to get back out, without a lot of help, would be thinking about "overtime". They would be thinking about trying to save their life, and not dying.
    I do know from experience of others that some compensation is paid, but do not know if it's classified as "overtime" pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underground waste drainage [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I need to separate my waste drainage from my neighbour but this means either digging up the concrete floor to find where the connection of his waste pipe to mine is or capping all my existing outlets and creating a floating floor through the house with new piping (the bathroom will be...

I am awesome in Need for Speed: Underground [ 2 Answers ]

In Need for Speed: Underground for Xbox, I was driving a Volkswagen Golf with only Level 1 upgrades and beating everything, even the new Toyota Celicas! During the second Interstate Drag, WITHOUT Nitrous oxide, I hit 165about 20 seconds before finish line, at finish line, hit 185 with nitrous, and...

Underground wiring advice [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently in the middle of digging a trench from my house to my garage, in order to wire the garage. What I would like to know is this: I live in NYC, which frowns upon the use of PVC in electrical work (i.e. no Romex, PVC boxes, non-metallic conduit, etc.), so I'm assuming I cannot...

View more questions Search