Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    altafs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Credit card payment
    I have a credit card balance $4000.00,a yr ago I was paying them regularly then I stopped paying because the original amount remains the same so I question they didn't respond satisfactorily so I stop paying now after 10 monthes they start threatening and threaten to sue me??
    What I should do, help I am willing to pay in installments/
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2008, 07:02 PM
    You had no right to stop payments. Your best bet now is to see if they will accept a payment schedule.
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Sep 13, 2008, 10:30 PM
    I'm assuming from what you said you must have been only the interest amount which was wrong of them to only charge you. Regardless At this point I would try to get a new credit card and transfer the 4000 to the new card you probably have an astronomical apr now. I would pay it off as soon as possible. And the next time you have an issue with money don't let it go because you get annoyed it most likely will not go away.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2008, 02:57 AM
    Comments on this postaltafs disagrees: I was just checking either u ignored the fact not update with the current situation or not very familiar with this topic at all

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

I'm not sure I understand your comments. You stopped paying and they are dunning you. You had no right to stop paying because you were unhappy with their response to your questions. You needed to keep in contact and work out a payment schedule that would work for you both.
    I don't see how this is not accurate advice.
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Sep 20, 2008, 09:18 PM

They will I've watched it happen many times before

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Payment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , Been Divorce now 2 1/2 years now.In the 26 marriages a credit card was used. Stopped using the card and paying the payments going thur the divorce. I did mention to the card company about this,and the card was never used again. At a balance of $8000. A year later we were being sent to...

Civil suit credit card payment [ 1 Answers ]

I am 27 years old I live in Texas. In 2004 my dad had cancer. I ended up losing my job so I stayed home to help take care of him. My credit card went to collections. I offered to make payments and they refused to work with me. They said that the only payment they would take was for me to give them...

Offering payment on credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I owe $5500 to a credit card company. It is now with a collection agency. They said I could make payments of $500 month--there's no way I can do that--I offered $50 a month-what are my chances? Also, can they seize property only in my Husband's name? I live in Florida. Thanks so much.

Credit card debt payment [ 3 Answers ]

My old providan visa has been sold to a collection agency. I have been working with the collector and am willing to pay $100.00 a month towards my debt of 1,400 - however, the agency wants me to mail them 3 post dated checks by Monday and then states that I will need to settle in August for the...

Credit card payment [ 1 Answers ]

Can I make below the minimum payments on time on a credit card and still not have it go to a collection agency?

View more questions Search