Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 05:11 PM
    The LDR fun and holiday romance.Argh advise needed.
    I posted a week or so ago asking for advise. Turns out from my own gut feeling and unresponsiveness that she can't be bothered and realism has won her over. Also backing my gut feeling up is that she regularly goes all over the place and goes out all the time so does have money YET cannot see me or invite me up. Basically we were together for a month as 'friends' then in the last week we kind of got together again from a earlier fling. Really clicked well! Also she has never had a BF despite having loads of guy mates, being pretty etc.

Anyway we continue to talk on msn and text which just annoys me even more. Just get the feeling it has turned out into a short lived holiday romance turned long distance odd catch up friendship via MSN.

The thing which is annoying is that our holiday 'group' are meeting together in a few months time which means she will be there! Right now I want to just go no contact so I can get her out of my head! I just don't know what to do!. I would rather not be friends if she doesn't want to pursue anything in the future... As I tend to obsess about things and in the past women I like, have just made me feel down most of the time.

Now we did do the honest chat whilst together face to face and I have mentioned meeting up separately from our group again, but I do not get much of a response now. I hate beating around the bush and being stuck in a 'revolving door' so can anybody offer any advise?

My own brain says: Dude, forget about having a romantic relationship with this person, cool off, don't go on msn or Facebook anymore and if she wants to speak she will via telephone. If she texts, reply with short messages or ignore them. Or I can just say to her either via phone or text or w/e, is going on here? I want to know where you stand and where I stand, because if you don't want to meet up and make anything of it, then I can't be assesd with communication and would rather not be mates. Seems a bit high pressured for somoene who wasn't together but I get attached easily and find it hard to get over things so... No contact has been best for me in the past. Maybe the best thing to do would be to give it a few weeks see if she mentions meeting up then have a honest chat if she does not. Just the time delay sucks to wait :(
    BetrayalBtCamp Posts: 307, Reputation: 63

Sep 9, 2008, 06:18 PM
    You pretty much answered your own question. It sounds like your best bet is to follow your brain & stay NC.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 06:24 AM
    You know well enough we sometimes hold out hope for change, where there is none. That's when you back off, and go in another direction. You had fun, and now its over. There is nothing to hold on to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

Happily married and in love with another girl, advise needed. [ 10 Answers ]

Currently I'm between mood swing of high (excited) and low (depresed). First, I like to admit it's wrong, easier said than done but I have no control of my feeling or cvan discuss the issue with my friends or family as they would be very judgemental of my action, that is why I'm looking for...

Advise needed to write good CV [ 1 Answers ]

What should I write in "Objective" part of a CV for the post of Account Assistant

Argh 9 months later. [ 7 Answers ]

Well stupid me I looked at my ex's face book. She has another BF, second one I know about it in 9 months. Saw all the little comments from her and him. Wow it hit me harder than I thought it would. I been in NC for 3 months now, no conatct from her or my side. I secretly hoped she would see...

Advise Needed: Pay in full or settle? [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to improve my credit score to get it as close to perfect credit as possible. All of my accounts are positive except for one. They are all either closed/paid in full or never late (from auto loans to credit cards). I only have one account that went to collection for the amount of approx...

View more questions Search