Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 11, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    This may or may not have come up before. Please excuse me if it has. But I am just looking for everyone's input on the current status on the illegal aliens in the U.S. and their belief that they should be able to stay here. Personally, I see their side because the U.S. was founded on immagration. However, I do believe that the time has come to return illegals to their country of origin. We are becoming overcrowded and do not have the resources to help our own citizens much less citizens of other countries who think they can come here and take jobs away, get medical benefits and welfare. Also keep in mind that the government keeps its farmers on what can be considered welfare half the time by paying them NOT to farm.

My opinion is that if you wanna live here become a citizen just as you would have to any other country. If you wanna live here, learn to speak our language. This can become a HOT topic, and as most of you are aware, I like to create discussions and debates. We all learn from each other's opinion.
    I disagree that the United States lacks the resources to help its own citizens while giving away billions in foreign aid. One country receives ten billion a year. And that's just one. How can you be helping scores of countries and claim that you can't help your own citizens. That's absurd! It is not lack of funds that prevents the United States from helping its own citizens more, it is its foreign policies with its ambitions.

Official Development Assistance (ODA) from 2002 to 2005
    USA foreign aid amount by year:

12 billion 900 million-- year= 02
    15 billion 771 million-- year= 03
    19 billion 705 million-- year=04
    27 billion 457 million-- year= 05

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRel...d.asp?so=p2003

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKK...com/v%3fid=147

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKK...com/v%3fid=147

The jobs you say are being taken away are mostly jobs that Americans don't want to do such as being under the sun all day picking fruits for a minimum wage. The competition for such menial work is among the immigrants who want them not between the Americans and the immigrants.
    http://www.west.asu.edu/PhxMetroWeb/...Shortessay.htm

The Hispanic community has never said it opposes the learning of English.
    In fact, 76 percent of Hispanic Americans in this country want English to become the official language. There is also a constant encouragement on their TV channel Univision for learning English. So your concept is completely off base.

If indeed the government feels obligated to provide these people with some measure of sustenance via social services its because it recognizes that their exploitation has created that subhuman condition and feels a measure of responsibility in having created it. If these people feel forced to try for anchor babies in order to get social services it's because the exploitation is threatening their lives.

It is not in the nature of the human spirit to roll over and die without a struggle.

BTW

The aid totals listed abiove do not includec the military asssistance aid budget total which would add billions of dollars more.

One need not abandon one language completely in order to learn another. Europeans are an example.

Also, respect for our language requires that we both try to pronounce an spell it correctly. I know that some say "ima" but its immigration not "immagration."
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 09:20 PM
    OK, well... thank you so much for that.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 11, 2006, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    OK, well...thank you so much for that.
    You are welcomed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Current Ratio [ 1 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm’s current ratio? 1. A customer prepays in full for specially ordered merchandise that it will take 60 days to manufacture. 2. Inventory is sold at the firm’s normal 35% markup cost.

Current Bird Flu [ 3 Answers ]

Hello friend ,I am jora .At this time I am living in Asia but I heard that bird flu infection is very fast spread in that country. But I don’t have more information about bird flu. Please anyone tell me about bird flu and how to prevent flu infection.

Measuring Electrcal Current [ 7 Answers ]

Why the voltage of an electrcal current is awys measured in multiple of eleven

Current electricity [ 1 Answers ]

Why metal conduct electricity rather than a wood?THANK YOU!

View more questions Search