Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorage6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Name of an anime-version of The Little Mermaid?
    There is an anime-style version of The Little Mermaid that follows closely to the original version (where the mermaid, Marina, kills herself at the end). She also has a side-kick that is a dolphin. It's probably from around the 80s. Does anyone know what it is called or who produced it or where I can find it? Thanks.
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 9, 2008, 06:28 PM
    There is an anime version that was done in 1979. It was called, I think, Ningya Hime, and the mermaid's name was Marina. It is closer to the original Hans Christian Anderson story in that, at the end, Marina dies, unlike the Disney version. You can probably find it through Amazon.

If this answer was helpful, please rate it using the button below. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mermaid movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was really young so it was probably around the early 90's. It could have been a made for TV movie but I really don't know. All I remember is that a guy falls in love with a mermaid. The characters are younger and there's gold high heal shoes that he gets at the...

1960s Plastic Mermaid Toy [ 1 Answers ]

In the early to mid-1960s I used to collect these little clear colored plastic mermaid figures. I don't remember if they came in a Cracker Jacks box or if I got them out of a gumball machine. They were solid colored and very detailed for such a little cheap toy. Does anyone remember these?:)

I want to know the title of a mermaid movie that I saw like 7 years ago. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everybody I'm trying to find the title of a movie that I loved when I was younger I think I saw the movie like 7 years ago. Its about mermaids, a cartoon movie; its animated. I remember the final of the movie it was about a mermaid who was in love with someone but she had to kill her love to...

A forgotten mermaid movie [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a movie of mermaids few years ago but I forgot the name of the movie. I remember that there were three girls who were sisters. The eldest one has spear which she turns into a hairpin and clips on her hair. The second sister works in a bar and the third sister works as a marine...

Mermaid toy [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a childhood friend. She was a mermaid batch toy her tail would change colors and if your pressed her stomach she would sing a song. I can't remember her name I am guessing she was made in the 1990s if any one could help I would appreciate it!! :p

View more questions Search