Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chefanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 11:41 AM
    I'm being sued over credit card debt. Is my husband liable?
    I was just served a law suit over a credit card that I could not pay. My husband did not know about the card, was not a card holder and did not sign anything for the credit card company. I live in Pennsylvania. The house and cars are all in his name alone. Our bank accounts are joint. I am an unemployed, stay at home mom. Will my husband be liable for the debt?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chefanne
    I was just served a law suit over a credit card that I could not pay. My husband did not know about the card, was not a card holder and did not sign anything for the credit card company. I live in Pennsylvania. The house and cars are all in his name alone. Our bank accounts are joint. I am an unemployed, stay at home mom. Will my husband be liable for the debt?

Anything in YOUR name, joint or individual, can be taken to satisfy a Judgment. Anything in HIS name alone cannot be taken.

He is not liable - BUT anything in your joint names can be taken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Sued over credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I recently received a summons saying that I am being sued by citibank for $1900. I need to file an answer but I don't know how. The summons did not come with any forms. I live in Ohio and I am a college student. I can't afford daycare so I take care of my son during the day and go to school...

Sued for credit card debt in tx [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I live in Texas I think I am getting ready to be sued by a debt collector. It is citibank. I missed the processor and I'm sure they will make another attempt to deliver the order. I know wages cannot be garnished in Texas; however, I am concerned about bank seizure or a frozen...

Being Sued over Credit Card Debt [ 5 Answers ]

I am being sued over credit card debt(4000.00). The papers say that if you don't file an answer by a certain date a judgement will be issued against you. What does this mean? What will happen if I just ignore it. I am in Texas.

View more questions Search