Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

Sep 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Is paracetamol harmful while I'm pregnant
    I'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant and have had a horrid cold for a couple of days! I just can't seem to shift it, is parcetamol harmful for the baby? Or do I have to wait till it goes?

Thank you
    X
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Paracetamol (same thing as Tylenol in the US) is OK to take while pregnant... take just what you need and only for as long as you really need it though.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:03 PM
    It is very safe to take, we give it out all the time at the hospital to women who come in with false labor. In the US it is called Tylenol, and Tylenol Extra Strength, Tylenol PM, Tylenol #3 are all safe in pregnancy.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 9, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Wow was wondering what that was... We are advised to take Tylenol here but NOT IBUPROFIN... I don't know what name that would be under where you are from...
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Ibuprofin is Motrin. Tylenol is Acetominophin.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 9, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Yeahhh... I know that...

I did not know what Paracetamol was...
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Paracetamol is the UK version of Tylenol.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 04:49 PM
    It is called Tylenol in Brazil, Canada, Japan, Myanmar, Puerto Rico, South Korea, Thailand & United States. Our paracetamol here is called Tempra and Biogesic and wer'e told that it is safe for pregnant women. However, we don't take it for colds. We take nasal decongestants such as Pseudoephedrine or oxymetazoline, drink a lot of water & rest a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it harmful? [ 1 Answers ]

I colored/dyed my hair 1 week ago... If I will dye it again after 2 weeks of the exact day that I dyed it... Is it harmful for my hair?:eek:

Panadol/paracetamol [ 30 Answers ]

Okay... ummmm I have a dilema I recently took 25 panadol tablets I've been sick from it, and my mum thinks I mite have anemia or something because I've been sick quite a bit from it (she doesn't know I took the tablets) So she's made a doctors apointement so I can get a blood test to see if I'm...

Is it harmful? [ 10 Answers ]

Is masturbation harmful for a 19 year old boy??

Is Hydroquine harmful? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an asian woman with medium olive skin who tends to get freckles and they don't seem to fade, I'be been researching for skin lightening creams or effective methods and have come aross hydroquine. Some sites say it's harmful or causes the skin to darken, especially for darker skin womnan, while...

Catnip harmful? [ 3 Answers ]

Is catnip harmful and what is the maximum dose that you can give a 9 year old spayed female cat?

View more questions Search