Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    da PEV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Briggs v-twin tune-up
    How do I adjust the idle for a Briggs 25 HP OHV twin cylinder. It lopes and spits back through the air filter when idling. Hi speed is great.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 12:05 PM
    So you are talking about backfiring, right? You can't adjust away a back fire. You need to start with cleaning the carb and may have to rebuild it if cleaning doesn't cure the issue. I recently did all this and now am installing a new OEM carb to the tune of $200.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs twin modification [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for someone with knowledge of modifcation of the briggs 16-18 flathead series. We want to use them for tractor pulling in a cub cadet chassis:D

Briggs V Twin 20HP [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Farm and Fleet garden tractor with a Briggs 20 HP V Twin engine. It started running lean recently. If you run at 3/4 choke, it runs OK. But will not run past idle when warm and the choke opened. I noticed the fuel filter bowl seemed almost empty. I replaced the pump thinking it...

Briggs 18 twin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MG Ward 18/42 Briggs twin, Having oil seeping from what appears to be the left cylinder base. Is the Jug removable or cast into the main block. Cylinder head looks easy enough to remove but the problem appears low end. Thanks rirog

Briggs Twin Running Rough [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S twin that is running very rough. I've replaced both plugs, removed both heads and cleaned 20 years of carbon out. Late last season, I rebuilt the carb and it ran great. I compression tested both cylinders and got 90 PSI from both. After the compression test, I forgot to hook up...

18 horse Briggs twin 2 [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model riding mower w/an 18 horse briggs twin II and I Rebuilt the carb and it ran fine for a little while but now it seems like It is starving for gas! It has spark! Can anyone help me Thanks Bill:

View more questions Search