Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carol Gibbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 06:49 AM
    "Singing Pipes"
    We have been living in our home for a little over a year, Just late last week we began hearing the "Singing Pipes" Every time that you flush the toilet, or turn off a shower or sink, the pipes sing. I have read the explanations for other similar questions, but none seem to fit this situation. Although our house is 27 years old, these pipes are part of an extension that is only 10 years old. The other pipes in the house (2 tub/showers, 3 toilets, and 4 sinks) are not vocal. HELP!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 9, 2008, 06:55 AM
    "singing" is caused by vibration.We track the source down by feeling where the vibration's the strongest and sounds the loudest. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

"clicking noise in pipes when shower runs" [ 2 Answers ]

Every time one of our upstairs showers runs, there is a "clicking" noise that is heard from the pipes below. The "clicking" continues the entire length of the shower, and for a few minutes after showering is complete. You can't hear the clicking if you're the one showering, only if you are...

"singing" water pipes [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a sediment filter installed by a plumber. I didn't run the water while he was here but after he left, I found that the pipes emit a high frequency whine (singing) when either hot or cold water is turned on. It stops when the water is turned off. I have opened every spigot and let the...

View more questions Search