Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Subetki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Windows installer won't let me install Nero or Creator
    I'm trying to reinstall some features of Nero and Roxio Creator 7. I keep getting error messages like Error 1324, and something about xcess character in path. I'm told via Microsoft and others, that it may be a registry problem and to get some new software to deal with it. So, can I fix it without new software, or do I have to buy some? Do you have a list of such software?
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Sep 9, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Says it is an registry error as you said. Now have you tried to uninstall the versions of nero and roxio that you already have before installing again? You could also uninstall and search the registry for Nero or Roxio and take them out of the registry too as that's where it says the problem could be. Unless you know what you are doing I wouldn't mess with the registry though. I've seen a few people who didn't know what they were doing in there delete some things that they shouldn't have and had to reformat :P If you think you're OK with trying I found a few links that were listed in another forum that may or may not help you, hopefully they do though. I'd try these before you try to completely take them out of the registry.

Works/HP 2000: "Error 1324" During Installation

You receive an invalid character error message when you install Office XP and Office 2003

"Error 1324" Error Message When You Change the Destination Folder During a Custom Setup

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows installer [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what really happens on my PC. When I was doing some photostory making my computer hanged up and when I re-started a message appears " ntldr missing ". I know my OS was corrupted. Can you give me site for downloading windows XP for free?

Windows Installer Service [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to re-install the Installer Service on an XP Home SP2 computer I have here. I keep getting an Access Denied error and the installation backtracks and restarts the computer. I have read numerous instructions telling me to rename msi.dll msiexec.dll and msihnd.dll and they all say that it...

Windows Installer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I used to have Nokia PC Suite 5.1 installed. I have managed to manually (Auto wouldn't work) uninstall it and install Nokia PC Suite 6.2 - which is working great. Now, every time I start my Windows Xp PC I have Windows Installer asking me where the install disk is, This also appears when I use...

View more questions Search