Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linkef0 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Memory (Ram)
    My question is I have 2 - 1 GB's of 1600MHz DDR3 Ram but can I have 2 - 1 GB's 1800MHz DDR3 Ram or I can't have different MHz of Ram because that will confuse my MB if I get one Ram I have to get the same right? Hopefully this make sense.

MY MOTHERBOARD CAN DO WITH RAM

4 DIMM Slots

Maximum Memory Supported: 8GB - 64bit

Memory Supported:
    Non-ECC
    Unbuffered
    Dual Channel Supported
    800MHz DDR3
    1066MHz DDR3
    1333MHz DDR3
    1600MHz DDR3 (OverClocking)
    1800MHz DDR3 (OverClocking)
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 09:05 PM
    If you're asking if you can add two 1 GB 1800 MHz. modules to the already existing 1600 MHz. modules for a total of 4 GB, the answer is maybe without knowing the motherboard. Some boards are fussy. Additionally operation tends to be the most stable when the modules match. Also, if you're configuring as dual channel and want to have one 1600 MHz. module and one 1800 MHz. module in each bank, that is even less likely to be stable or work at all. If you're intending to overclock, having matching modules throughout will probably yield the best results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Referenced Memory Error - Memory cannot be read. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server with 2GB Ram. I get an error saying Application error- Explorer.exe giving referenced memory error at 0x00e113f0 - the memory caanot be read. I have removed the memory and swapped with other server's memory but still get the same problem. Could it be a virus?...

Need to know about memory [ 3 Answers ]

Is 128 mb enough memory on a mp3 player for my seven year old daughter?

Low memory [ 3 Answers ]

About 1 month ago I ran the defrag program.it showed 30% memeory available. Recently ran same program and it showed 5% memory available. I think Microsoft Windows downloaded pathches or security updates taking up such space. How do I remove safely XP updates. I already removed rarely used programs.

Pny memory [ 5 Answers ]

Has any one had any experience with PNY memory? I saw Tiger Direct had some on sale for a good price. The reviews aren't so good. Many incompatible problems. I have a emachines t3882. There website said it could take 400mhz pc3200 512mb ddr memory. I haven't looked inside my machine yet to see what...

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

View more questions Search