Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammmayoxo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Im a teenager and I use myspace to keep contact with my friends, and have my own life. I have a family life, and a friends life. I think myspace is my private life, that I don't have to share with family, or friends that I choose not to. Having a parent go in and reading what your doing is going into my privacy. I stay out of there business, so only right they should stay out of mine. If there giving me enough trust to have one, they should trust what I do on it. My mom understands I have privacy, and she wouldn't do that. If I want to ruin my life, then I guess, she can't stop me, because SHE can't READ MY MESSAGES .
    oreo630 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2007, 02:13 PM
    OK all I have to say is that myspace is dangerous but only if u use it incorrectly.yea I do use my real name and age and hometown but that's why I don't add any strangers and some kids are stupid enough to add any random person as their friends. So as long as your kid doesn't add anyone they don't know they should be fine.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 26, 2007, 06:11 PM
    ultimate_user_name agrees: Ooh you, because they're buying drugs and alcahol on the INTERNET, pshh
    Funny y'all bring this up now. Did any of you notice that this post is a year and a half old? Hmmm, May 2006!!
    tyler1212 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Honestly, by going this far to look into your child's social life, it is a major invasion of their privacy. You have to face it. All teens have secrets that they cannot share with their parents. As much as they love you and as much as you love them, some things aren't meant to be shared. However, at the same time you should keep your child informed on right from wrong in many surrounding issues. Do not get too strung up on what your child could be doing. All teens experiment and that's just a natural part of life. In fact, by giving your child a bit of freedom, they might come to respect you more and confide in you more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teens Bedroom ----help [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Hope someone can help. We are redoing our 15 year olds bedroom - a skateboard fanatic. We would like to incorporate this into his room - old skate decks for shelves, posters mounted, track lighting, etc. He wants his ceiling black - no problem - but what color would I use on the walls? ...

Embedded pictures on Myspace [ 1 Answers ]

How do you put a picture in your myspace profile or on a comment?? Please help

Teens without conscience [ 11 Answers ]

My 16 year old Son has decided he would like to live on his own. His Sister who is 18 has been asked to leave her father's house two days ago because she has been lying and stealing and refusing to help out at home or abide by the house rules. She has been defiant since she was 7. When she was a...

Myspace [ 3 Answers ]

How do we make it automatic in which users at myspace.com when they join, and enter their personal information in which it is automically updated. And, they enter pictures, it come up immediately, how do make it? Is it some sort of database?

Myspace [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know who here is familiar with myspace but maybe someone can help out here. A young friend of mine received a comment on her page from another friend. The comment consists of the results of a quiz from another site. Normally if you want to delete a comment all you have to do is click edit...

View more questions Search