Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcclend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Squirrels getting into Attic
    I have squirrels getting into our attic. They are entering in a venting hole that is very high on the eave of the house. I cannot get to the spot in the attic nor can I reach the spot where they are entering from the ground, however, I can see the place where they are entering from the ground. I think I need something that will produce some sound that will chase them out. Can you recommend the best way to get rid of them. Please help.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Hire someone with a very long extension ladder to patch the hole in your eaves where they are entering. Noise won't scare them away plus do you really want to listen to something 24/7, or better yet, do your neighbors want to listen to some "noise" 24/7? Do this before it gets cold out as you will have a better chance of keeping the squirrels out and not nest in your attic over the winter.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Go to a large sporting good store that has a hunting section. Buy coyote urine in a small bottle. Apply the urine to a small towle, put the towel on a pole and stuff it into the hole during the morning hours while the little guys are out looking for food. Some body will need to egt up there and patch that hole with hardware cloth or some similar metal covering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Squirrels in between my roof and the ceiling walls of my Attic [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a first time home owner and I've been hearing what sounds like squirrels running across the bedrooms & bathroom ceiling. When I go in the attic there's nothing there and no way for a squirrel to get in but I hear them in the ceiling of the attic so I pound on the walls and you can hear...

Squirrels getting into attic [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, we have squirrels getting into our attic. My husband has repaired their holes several times and they just chew a hole in another place in the eave of the house. They have chewed our phone line into. Now one has tried to chew their way into the ceiling of one of the guess bedrooms. We bought...

Squirrels in my attack [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get rid of squirrels in my attic? I know that they came in the side air vents and are nesting in there. What's the best way to get rid of them. I am OK with it if they die in the process.

How do I get rid of squirrels? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with squirrels. They have eaten my tomatoes, flowers, and carved pumpkins. I need a safe way that won't harm any other animals (my neighbor's dog is known to attack squirrels), so antifreeze is kind of out of the question. They even go into my garbage and rummage through that.

Watch out for squirrels [ 3 Answers ]

I feed the squirrels from a hanger in my backyard tree. When I refill the feeder the chiggers eat my legs with a vengeance even though I spray a lot of bug repellent on them. Where else can I put a squirel feeder where I can watch the little flea bags without making it easy for rats to get...

View more questions Search