Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakemfp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 03:10 PM
    After computer goes to sleep Internet connection is lost?
    I have an HP Notebook, w/windows 2000 and comcast internet. After the computer goes into sleep mode and then wakes up I do not have an internet connection. Everything else works fine. I have to restart the computer to restore internet. I have been unable to find any settings that would explain this.
    :confused:
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
    See Scoobydoo's reply in this thread. The hotfix that is mentioned first is specific to Vista. If Scooby's course of action doesn't work, please do the following after you've resumed from sleep and the Internet doesn't work:
    1. Click Start > Run.
    2. Type "cmd" and press Enter.
    3. Type "ipconfig /all" and press Enter.
    4. Post back here with the output.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

No internet connection after sleep [ 5 Answers ]

I have an HP Media center PC; OS is Vista; cable internet. After the computer goes into sleep mode and then wakes up I do not have an internet connection. Everything else works fine. I have to restart the computer to restore internet. I have been unable to find any settings that would explain this.

Internet (cable) connection may lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, In my good-old PC was a mainboard change because the earlier one went wrong, both of them have onboard LAN, and after the change in my WinXP Pro the internet connection (cable modem) slowed down, precisely speaking it may lost for a while (cca 70-80% of time). When it works it is very...

Lost internet with VPN Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I was able t establish a VPN Tunnel between to locations, but now the workstations do not go out to the internet. I know I configured something wrong. I have a Netgear fvg318. I know its not the best VPN but I would really like it to work. Any sugestions Folks?

Lost internet connection [ 5 Answers ]

I have a cable modem connected to DLink router then to my Dell Dimension 2100 PC. Lately it appears that if my PC is idle for 15 to 20 minutes I will lose my internet connection. I usually unplug my cable modem and reconnect after 10 seconds. This procedure will normally allow me to establish my...

View more questions Search