Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    polskiecivic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Diameter of sphere
    a spherical object with a mass of 2g was shown to sink to the ottom of a beaker containing ethanol and float on the surface of water at 25 degrees C. Using this inrmation, calculate an acceptable range of balues for the diameter of the sphere. (at 25 degrees C the density of ethenol is .79 g/ml and the density of water is 1g/m: the volume of a sphere may be expressed as V=4/3pi r squared.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Well, you need to start by thinking about what the question is getting at. What do you think the path to the answer is? Do you understand the conditions for buoyancy? Can you explain where you are having problems?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pipe diameter [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry I posted this in plumbing but had to move it here. I have a question about a residential two pipe boiler heating system with cast radiators. If I wanted to replace a section, or all of it, with copper is there a need to reduce the pipe diameter or should I leave it the same? Also is it...

Diameter of an animal cell. [ 1 Answers ]

The unit of measurement that scientists use to determine the diameter of an animal cell is the

Trap Diameter requirements [ 5 Answers ]

Tom, I had asked some questions previously for roughing in plumbing for a basement. I have a few more questions for you. 1) Does code require the trap to be the same diameter as the trap/waste arm? For my wetbar I ran a 2" horizontal waste line to where it is roughed at of the wall. Does...

View more questions Search