Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cajun1941 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Address verifications
    Advice on Address Verification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: AL

My legal address is in LA. Been living there over 30 years. I own my home there. This is the thing, I go back and forth to AL. I babysit my grandkids so their mother can work. I go home on weekends to LA. I got an Alabama drivers license because I drive my son's car when I am here, and his insurance covers me as long as I have a valid license. (I got my license here because my son and his wife were going to get theirs also.) I thought it would be OK. My LA. Drivers had expired when Katrina hit. Now I am being sued in AL for a 6 year old debt. Did the AL drivers license mess up the SOL?
    Do I just go and get a new LA drivers license? I can prove my residence in LA. Bank accounts, utilities etc. The SOL works better in LA.

Please give me some advice on this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun1941
    Advice on Address Verification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: AL

My legal address is in LA. Been living there over 30 years. I own my home there. This is the thing, I go back and forth to AL. I babysit my grandkids so their mother can work. I go home on weekends to LA. I got an Alabama drivers license because I drive my son's car when I am here, and his insurance covers me as long as I have a valid license. (I got my license here because my son and his wife were going to get theirs also.) I thought it would be OK. My LA. drivers had expired when Katrina hit. Now I am being sued in AL for a 6 year old debt. Did the AL drivers license mess up the SOL?
    Do I just go and get a new LA drivers license? I can prove my residence in LA. Bank accounts, utilities etc. The SOL works better in LA.

Please give me some advice on this.

The Statute relates simply to the time frame, has nothing to do with where you live. If it's an Alabama debt it's covered by Alabama Statute, no matter where you are. The Statute doesn't change as you move around.

All your drivers license did is make it easy for them to find you in Alabama.

I went into detail about the Statute on one of your other threads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I know somebodys IP address, can I find out their email address? [ 2 Answers ]

If I know somebodys IP address, can I find out their email address?

IP address [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Both my wireless and cable connections say that it cannot renew my IP address. I went to the ipconfig and all numbers are zero. I tried my connection at work seeing if it was just my router and unfortunately it wasn't. Any hints as to how I fix this? Thanks Dan

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search