Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kiddy389 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Just wondering
    Hello I am trying to find out what the law in Massachusetts says about me being 13yrs dating a 20yr old guy. He shows no interest in me but I'm trying to show him that he's the one I want to be with. But everyone even he says its illegal and that he's got no interest in me. I would like to know what the law says about if we ever did hook up together?
    Kiddy389 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 09:46 AM
    I know I just want to seem what Massachusetts law says about it now.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddy389
    hello i am trying to find out what the law in Massachusetts says about me being 13yrs dating a 20yr old guy. He shows no interest in me but i'm trying to show him that hes the one i want to be with. But everyone even he says its illegal and that he's got no interest in me. I would like to know what the law says about if we ever did hook up together?

OK, here it is - Massachusetts Law.

I assume "hook up" means sex -

Not a good idea (as I'm sure you can see) because he could be sentenced to heavy jail time. Note that the law also addresses oral sex.

Whoever unlawfully has sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse, and abuses a child under sixteen years of age shall, for the first offense, be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years, or, except as otherwise provided, for any term in a jail or house of correction, and for the second or subsequent offense by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years, but not less than five years; provided, however, that a prosecution commenced under the provisions of this section shall not be placed on file or continued without a finding.

MGL c.272, sec. 35A. Unnatural and lascivious acts with child under 16.

Whoever commits any unnatural and lascivious act with a child under the age of sixteen shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years or in jail or the house of correction for not more than two and one half years, and whoever over the age of eighteen commits a second or subsequent such offence shall be sentenced to imprisonment in the state prison for a term of not less than five years.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmangileri
    maybe you should wait until you're 18 and re-evaluate the situation. He could get in all sorts of trouble if you guys "hooked up"

You and I keep getting into this - this is the legal board, not the relationship. Please post legal answers - "he could get in all sorts of trouble" is not helpful.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 8, 2008, 10:28 AM
    This issue has been bought up several times. There are a number of other threads that deal with it. There is no law that I know of, especially not in the US or Canada, that prohibits "dating" between any 2 people of whatever age. Dating, is not sexual activity. The laws only address sexual activity. As Judy cited, were you to engage in sexual activity, he could be in serious trouble.

Since this is a legal board, our main answer has conform to existing statute. And that's what I've given you. However, there is another aspect of this that needs to be addressed. I see, however, that you have posted a thread in the Dating forum were we can address that issue. So if anyone wants to give you advice in the wrongess of a 13 yr old dating a 20 yr old they can go here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...do-257726.html

>Thread Closed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

Relationship with my ex [ 1 Answers ]

I ask my ex could I move in with her so I could help out with rent,but she has a boyfriend that comes over a lot even when I'm there and I can't say anything because its her apartment and I needed somewhere to stay.The problem is that she still wants sex sometimes with me when her man is...

My relationship with my girlfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Well you see its been about 11 months of us being together. Ever since we started have sex and what not she always starts arguing with me... why I don't know but, anways that's one problem... well I got big problems... I have barley enough income to make it back in forth too school and she expects...

My 7 yrs relationship [ 4 Answers ]

Ust to up date you on the situation between me and my partner I did what what I thought was right and made very little contct and he started to call me.. they were nice conversations and I thought things were going to turn around.. Then on Sunday (Yesterday) I popped to see him he did know I was...

Relationship [ 1 Answers ]

How do you deal with neglet in a relationship When the man that is suppose to be loving you is busy pleasing himself I dedicate so much time with him and kids that I really haven / taken any time for myself I really feel like so much is passing me by

View more questions Search