Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alx_world2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Selling Health Insurance
    I've only begun cold-calling potential prospects to sell health insurance and workers comp, but I haven't gotten as far as getting past the gate keeper. Are there any quick and easy spiels that I can use?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Basically you can't sell something to someone who is not interested. Cold calling is one of THE hardest things to do if you are just starting. There are no magic spiels. It's just basically more calls equal some sales eventually. It depends on how many hours you want to hit your head against a wall before someone buys something from you that counts.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Good product first of all, when you see the gate keeper, get the names of the people that may make the choices, try and get some names prior to walking into the doors.
    Look them up on the internet to know who to ask for.

After you get turned out, get the names of who to ask for and call back latter.
    If they tell you that you need an apointment, ask for one then.

Try going in before business hours, when girl out front is not there. Go at lunch time, and after working hours, that will get you in easier.

In larger places, if there is a side or back door stop by and ask for who to ask for.

Leave a lot of cards, and do a lot of call backs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Insurance [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an existing kidney condition since I was six years old. I have had to have half of my left kidney removed. I also smoke so it's hard to find affordable health insurance. Do you have any ideas of any companies that will allow me health insurance at affordable price.

Selling life insurance [ 3 Answers ]

I already am a life insurance agent. I am about to file for bankruptcy. Will this impact my appointments with the companyies I work with?

Do I still have health insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

I just turned 19 not too long ago, and my health insurance expired a couple of days ago. I used the insurance to get birth control, that my mom doesn't know about. My insurance was also dependent on my mom's. I heard somewhere that once someone turns 19, they can no longer be signed with their...

Selling Health Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering taking the 40 pre licensing course to sell health insurance. I have a Real Estate Broker's license and also pasted the building contractors course but as we know both industries are very slow. I love sales and thought this may be a good avenue to take. Anyone with any insight...

View more questions Search