Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paresh_career01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 06:15 AM
    What to do to get rid of kidney stones?
    Hi I'm having 6 mm kidney stone in each kidney.
    What to do in this situation?
    What are the home remedies?
    Or medication...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 06:28 AM
    If you know they are 6 mm then you have been to a doctor or hospital already. Short of taking something for the pain and letting them pass, there is little you can do once you have them. The doctors have pain medication and on large ones can break them up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 09:33 AM
    There are no home remedies for kidney stones. 6mm is pretty large and will be VERY painful to pass.

Since you know that they are 6mm, apparently you are already seeing a doctor about this, please follow your doctor's orders, not ideas you get over the internet. What works for some may be dangerous, or even life threatening to another.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 8, 2008, 09:36 AM
    You can pass 6mm but it's going to hurt like heck...

I would go in to a Urologist and they can break them up with their little machine...

They can also go over your diet, etc and make recommendations.

**I have not had a kidney stone in over a year*** YAY ;)
    truckman Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2008, 09:14 PM
    I've had kidney stones in the past and they are not fun at all. There are a few methods.

1. Ultra-sound: they use a high frequency wave length and shoot it through your kidneys which blast the stones to tiny tiny tiny pieces and pass unknowingly

2. catch and release: they manually go in with a bask and pole and extract them with the tools painful (way they did it to me).

3. pass them yourself
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Oct 24, 2008, 11:42 AM
    If you decide to have the doctor remove them make sure you get a qualified doctor. I had a kidney stone in may and the doctor was going to bust it up with shock waves. When I came out of surgery he had decided not to break it up but instead when in to take it out and instead pushed it back into my kidney. To this day I still have not passed it. So make sure you ask him what surgey he is going to do before you have it done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney stones [ 16 Answers ]

My friend has kindney stones,can anyone help me with a treatment for them?

Kidney stones [ 8 Answers ]

Does passing a kidney stone hurt for women?

Kidney stones [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a 56 year old male I have crohns disease and a permanent ileostomy since 2000 I have now been told I have a kidney stone and need to have surgery to remove it, cannot be blasted. What risks are involved with this operation is it life threatening, and what are the chances of catching...

Kidney Stones? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom had severe pain in her back a while ago and went to the doctor. She was diagnosed with Kidney stones. There was blood in her urine but she didn't really have any tests. The doctor just diagnosed her. And the pain would be gone one day and back the next. But now she has no pain at all...

Kidney stones? [ 2 Answers ]

HI, Just hoping for help with problem my mom is having. She's been experiencing some weird symptoms lately, but her doctor won't give her an appt. for several weeks. But my mom is still worried about what is causing them. THe last week or so she has been having severe "charlie horse" cramps in...

View more questions Search