Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahamehdi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Average speed/average velocity
    A horse canters away from its trainer in a straight line, moving 150 m away in 19.0 s. It then turns abruptly and gallops halfway back in 4.6 s.

(a) Calculate its average speed.
    m/s

(b) Calculate its average velocity for the entire trip, using "away from the trainer" as the positive direction.
    m/s
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Average speed is the (total distance traveled)/(total time it took)

Average velocity is (total displacement)/(total time)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Average speed and average velocity [ 2 Answers ]

Every morning you jog around 250 meter track four times in 30 minutes. What is your average speed and average velocity?

Average speed and velocity [ 1 Answers ]

Radio waves travel at a speed of light, approximately 186000 miles per second. How long does it take for a radio message to travel from earth to the moon and back?

Average speed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I'm have some trouble with the speed= distance/time. I think It's because it minutes, seconds and fractionsof a second, rather than hours and minutes. 2.8km takes 78.73seconds(1.18.73 ) what is the average speed?

Average Speed [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find average speed?

Velocity and average force [ 1 Answers ]

A person jumps from the roof of a house 4.2 m high. When he strikes the ground below, he bends his knees so that his torso decelerates over an approximate distance of 0.70 m. The mass of his torso (excluding legs) is 42 kg. (a) Find his velocity just before his feet strike the ground. ____m/s...

View more questions Search