Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 16, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82
    Cogs, I would say this final explanation by Revdrgade is quite clear. But let me ask you, why are you so interested in the possibility of our eventually being able to do miracles?:)
    I would like to answer this. How do you PROVE that Jesus Christ is alive? I believe it, you believe it, but many do not. You may say, "the Bible" but they don't accept that. Maybe, "He lives in my heart", they say it is only our opinion. Every religion has its holy writings, which become subject to criticism and argument. The first Church in Jerusalem had the answer.

Acts 4:10
    10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    (KJV)

Mark 16:20
    20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
    (KJV)

The miracles were the definitive answer to the question about whether Jesus is alive or not. The world today needs to know beyond doubt that Jesus Christ is alive. The only thing that will convince them is miracles. I believe that the church without miracles has no credentials, and I am talking about the same kind of miracles that the Apostles did, healing the sick and lame, opening blind eyes, and raising the dead. If we don't have this, we need to be praying for it. Not to exalt self, but to exalt Jesus and prove His resurrection to a doubting world.
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Sep 17, 2008, 02:45 AM
    [QUOTE=Galveston1]I would like to answer this. How do you PROVE that Jesus Christ is alive? I believe it, you believe it, but many do not. You may say, "the Bible" but they don't accept that. Maybe, "He lives in my heart", they say it is only our opinion. Every religion has its holy writings, which become subject to criticism and argument. The first Church in Jerusalem had the answer.

I think it is not a matter of believing whether Jesus Christ is alive or not! It is rather a matter of believing Jesus Christ is the SON of GOD, and as such, GOD Himself.
    If we accept that, it is pointless to say Jesus is still alive. HE has always been alive, for HE is GOD (in this case, incarnated) and as SUCH, GOD has never had a beginning and will never have an end, for GOD is eternal.

This the belief of all monotheistic religions (Christianism, Islam, Judaism) and this is also what ALL poyitheistic religions believe. The mere concept of GOD -as the supreme being responsible of our Creation- requires HIM to be eternal, otherwise He cannot be but a minor god, as explained in the different mythologies.:)
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Sep 17, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    I would like to answer this. How do you PROVE that Jesus Christ is alive? I believe it, you believe it, but many do not. You may say, "the Bible" but they don't accept that. Maybe, "He lives in my heart", they say it is only our opinion. Every religion has its holy writings, which become subject to criticism and argument. The first Church in Jerusalem had the answer.

Acts 4:10
    10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    (KJV)

Mark 16:20
    20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
    (KJV)

The miracles were the definitive answer to the question about whether Jesus is alive or not. The world today needs to know beyond doubt that Jesus Christ is alive. The only thing that will convince them is miracles. I believe that the church without miracles has no credentials, and I am talking about the same kind of miracles that the Apostles did, healing the sick and lame, opening blind eyes, and raising the dead. If we don't have this, we need to be praying for it. Not to exalt self, but to exalt Jesus and prove His resurrection to a doubting world.
    I would direct you to this curren thread:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/christ...on-260033.html
    I understand about the miracles, but we have to be seeking first the kingdom of heaven.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue flesh tunnel [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is such a thing. A 14g tongue flesh tunnel or some sort of hollow jewelry that will work with a tongue piercing.am I going to have to try and make my own or try to make an ear flesh tunnel work thanks

Itching and small flesh coloured bumps. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a bit of a problem, I'm sexually active (always protected sex) with my ex 2 years ago, and just recently the guy I'm with now. It's been about 2 weeks practically since I've engaged in intercourse with my boyfriend, and I've had an itching around my vagina (the actual hole) and...

DIVINE prophecies! [ 3 Answers ]

Prophecy is the foretelling of something that is to occur in the future. It is the teaching or foretelling of future events beyond the power of natural man. Therefore prophecy that is true is a statement of facts and happenings made known ahead of time to take place in the future. Otherwise stated,...

Is the Bible divine? [ 10 Answers ]

Just for my curiosity, What is it that makes the Bible the divine word of GOD? As it was written by men (many) how do we know it is the word of GOD? What credibility do the man who wrote it have? Is this the only word of God?

God made flesh as man. [ 5 Answers ]

Do you believe God was made flesh as a human being? I do... Here is why. +++ I believe that what the Bible has to say about it is the truth. The coming of the Messiah, God the Son, as the Son of God was prophesied thus: (From the RSV) Isaiha.9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given;...

View more questions Search