Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nib Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Garage door motor learns only remote or keyless, but not both
    Craftsman (2-year-old) garage door opener 139.18451 (with 2 remotes)
    Craftsman (brand new) wireless keyless entry 139.18775

Followed instructions for both on "learn" button. However, it appears the motor unit will allow/learn only either the remote or keyless at any given time. In short, if I use the keyless, the remotes don't work. If I use the remotes, the keyless won't work.

Wondering if I picked up the wrong keyless set. Thanks for shedding light.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 04:55 AM
    You are doing something wrong, will lean multiple and even temporary. Do you have instructions booklet.
    ktkodama Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Nib,

It sounds like you bought the wrong wireless keypad. Is your learn button red? If so you need a wireless keypad for a security plus, sounds like yours is for a green learn button.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 08:04 AM
    On some, if you hold down the learn button too long, it will erase all codes(previous code), after teaching one unit, try the second. Reread instructions carefully and exactly, if it doesn't work, come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyless Entry Garage Door Reset? [ 15 Answers ]

When we bought the house 4 yrs ago, the previous owners gave us 4 different codes (she couldn't remember the code) for our Craftsman wall mounted keyless entry garage door opener which is mounted outside the garage door. None of the codes she gave us ever worked, so we never bothered with it. Now...

Craftsman garage door opener keyless entry forgot code [ 3 Answers ]

Have a craftsman garage door opener with keyless entry. It's approx 7 yrs old and I can't remember the code to open the door. Need help so that kids can come in and out without having to take a key. Any help is appreciated

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

Keyless Entry Garage Door Reset [ 1 Answers ]

I have somehow scrambled my keyless entry garage entry code. How do I reset it?

Garage door opener keyless entry reset [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reset the keyless entry password on my garage door opener? It's a craftsman 1/3hp, model # 139.23325SRT.

View more questions Search