Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajakal Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Mr. X,
    I am not sure what can be the problem here. But, when we install gutters, they usually tuck way up behind the roof edge. There is actually a flange that should attached to the roof under the shingles that runs into the gutter. The best solution that I have is to have the contractor come back and install flashing the runs under the shingles into your gutter. I truly believe that edging should not be used on the bottom of the ridge, just a this flashing, and then the shingles should hang over that about an inch and drip into the gutters.
    hope it helps, in any form, you should not pay the agree amount until you are happy with the job. If he is unwilling to work with you now, what would happen if you need him back in a month or two?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gutter replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Gutter replacement

Attach gable roof to flat roof [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a three season attached screenroom. We are uncertain how to attach the gable roof to the present roof (gabled in the opposite direction, so the attachment is on the flat side). We have spent hours trying to locate do it yourself instructions and can only find do it yourself kits...

GFI Selection for gutter heat tape installation [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a specific GFI device for use in wet locations? I have exterior outlets that I want to use to power heat tape on the roof and gutters. Thanks :)

How can I convert this shed roof to a gable roof? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to extend this porch out another 8 feet and convert the current shed roof to a gable roof. Is there a framing genius lurking here who can tell me how to make it happen? The conceptual image gives an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish with the porch. See attachments. Michael

Gutter System [ 2 Answers ]

I'm shopping for new gutters for my home and just want to know the difference between seamless gutters and seamless aluminum gutters.

View more questions Search