Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhanaoka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Surround sound Hook Up
    We've recently purchased a flat screen TV and have a DVD surround sound. We can only use the surround sound when we play a cd or dvd. When we play our regular TV we are not able to play it with the surround sound. Is this normal?:confused:
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dhanaoka
    When we play our regular tv we are not able to play it with the surround sound. Is this normal?
    Mostly yes as most broadcasts are in stereo only. Depending on your specific service provider offering and your TV, receiver, and speaker system setup one or more of the devices may be able to "upmix" a stereo source input into a fabricated 5.1 or other surround scheme. But, it won't be as specific as DVDs that come with all the separate audio channels that place discrete sounds on individual speakers.
    AVandMe Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
    If you saying you can't use the surround at all for television and you only hear it through the TV. It may be you don't have a connection from you TV source to the surround receiver.

If you saying you only hear stereo just select dolby pro logic II or dbs neo6 these are not discreete channles of surround but at least it will fill the room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LG surround sound stereo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just bought a LG surrondsound stereo system,I want to connected to HDTV it's a toshiba,it's there a way that I can find a diagram or some one who can help me hook it up,it has four speakers and a subwoffer,and a dvd player thank you any help will be gladlly appreciated.

Hooking Up A Surround Sound [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I just bought a big screen TV and need helping hooking my surround sound back up.I have an Hd cable box,dvd player,cd player and playstation to all be hooked up from my receiver.My receiver is a Sony STR-DE595.I don't know if I need the regualr a/v cables (red,white and yellow) or can I use...

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best surround sound for a good price I'm not looking for something that's thousand of dollars but that's in the 200 to 500 range?

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best wireless surround sound system for home use? I really do not want to run wires throughout the room for the speakers.

View more questions Search