Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    narry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Access is denied
    Hi there I'm new to this site so if I've posted this in the wrong section do appologise.. what it is I've got a IOMEGA external hardrive that use to work fine with my old laptop who had windows xp on it. As I've just bought a new laptop recently with vista on it, I tried connecting the external hard drive to it and I keep getting an error message saying location is not available F:\ is not accessible access is denied.

Thanxs

narry
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Do you get any message when you initially connect the drive to the laptop?

And I take it, you get this message in windows explorer when you click on F:?

If you see F: in explorer, right click and click properties and what show up there?

Start, settings, control panel, system icon, hardware tab, device mgr, are there any yellow marks there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access denied to cd-rom drive [ 5 Answers ]

My computer is set up with three users, all of which have administrator status. However, the cd-rom drive only works on one of the user accounts. When I try to load cds or dvds into the drive while logged into either of the other two accounts, an error message pops up saying "D:\ is not...

Access denied to WMI [ 4 Answers ]

When I try to collect system information I get the following message: "Can't Collect Information Access denied to Windows Management Instrumentation server on this computer. Have an administrator change your access permissions." I believe I am the administrator since it's my home computer and...

Access denied to D: [ 1 Answers ]

Someone has denied me the access to my D: of my PC. Whenever I click on D: it shows access denied. I have all my back ups there. Please help me out to open up my D:

Msconfig access denied [ 4 Answers ]

When I go into msconfig and go to start up, whenever I attempt to change something I get access denied "log in as administrator" I am logged in a administrator. I am running a Dell Dimension XPS 600 with XPmedia edition. Any help will be welcome. Lou

Access is denied ? [ 2 Answers ]

There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to...

View more questions Search