Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyad1969 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

May 7, 2006, 11:58 PM
    Are we a terrorist
    I read most time that usa asking why arabs hate us and they spend money to change that , and that really make me surprise .
    I am an arab man and I wish that I was american and my big dream now when I am 37 years old that I can visit New York the city that I love even for one week.
    And every one of my friend wish that they can be live in America.
    That mean that every body here love usa too much
    If we know that arab people now like 300 mielion and there is 30000 of them hate america is that mean that arabs hate america.
    There is some stupied people kills inosent people in usa and they are not more 25 man when there is 5 mielion arab people living in usa ,is that mean that arab hate usa?
    May be I don't agree mr boush for his way but I was loving klinton too much cause he was working to make peace that we all looking for ,but I still love usa cause I know that usa not bouch only and I am sure that mr bouch trying to make peace in his way ,even I don't agree for his way .
    So why all the time usa asking why arabs hate usa?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 8, 2006, 03:00 AM
    Unfortunately the media likes to focus on sensationalism. Personally I do not know of Americans who ask "why do Arabs/Muslims hate the US?".

I believe that most people really believe that Arabs/Moslems are good people.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

May 8, 2006, 04:34 AM
    People are basically the same everywhere.Sure,culture,and beliefs will differ,but deep down we are all one.The problem comes with misguided attitudes,and leaders of all countries,who think they are right,and the other person is wrong.Then the press blow everything out of proportion,and before you know it paranoia is rampant.It's all very sad.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2006, 04:52 AM
    HI,
    I also believe that the great majority of Americans do not hate Arabs/Moslems.
    Peace in this World can come about, if people in every Nation want it. However, not all want it.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Multi culturism doesn't always work...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2006, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eyad1969
    i read most time that usa asking why arabs hate us and they spend money to change that , and that realy make me surprise .
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here and ask do you really love America or do you just love the opportunities you have here? The two are not quite the same thing. We have millions of "undocumented" aliens who come here to earn money to send back home and eventually return home. Do those people like America or just the money they earn?

There are loads of people and countries that hold out their hands to take whatever America will give while slapping us in the face with the other hand. In some cases, this is not undeserved. America and Americans have displayed an arrogance to the rest of the world that has engendered such a response.
    eyad1969 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

May 10, 2006, 02:47 AM
    I can tell you and I am sure that I love america and that not cause money but cause it has special way of living .
    I wish that we can live here in syria like american way of living .
    I am not ready to heart any one cause his nationality or his coloer
    I just want to live in peace and what very little arabs doing make america kill a lot of our people with out any reason.
    There is many way to kill people , like what happened now in gaza people died there cause they don't have medicine and food cause america think that palstinian hate america and I want to ask you if the little baby's know the heat to kill them?
    Babyes died cause they don't have medicine and they don't have food.
    And that very bad cause that what make a lot of terorist , when the people can't find food they will be angry from the side who stopped there life and will do any crazy thing .
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 02:54 AM
    I don't believe the americans are killing your people for no apparent reason...
    I mean "hello" who started all of this in the first place. It all started due to 9/11 and that is that arabs fault not the americans or europeans.

Re: the people in gaza is it our fault again that they do not have food and medicince?

They all first complain about the americans and then when sh*t happens the americans are always blamed for it..

Well, whatever you say, I don't believe I'm wrong and I'm totally entitled my own opinion

May 10, 2006, 05:59 AM
    I have to agree with Krs's response here. I also have to say that you don't love America as much as you claim to. Statement's like "i wish that we can live here in syria like american way of living" and "what very little arabs doing make america kill alot of our people with out any reason", tell me that you like the lifestyle and freedom that America offers, not America itself.

To blame America because the Palestinian government cannot provide basic services like food and medical care, is turning a blind eye to realities. Maybe, if the Palestinians put in a greater effort on improving their living conditions and spent less time trying to kill Isrealis things might be better.

When jews first came to Palestine they were allowed to work in barren areas. Areas the Arab population had abandoned. It was only after the jews restored the land and made it productive that Arabs wanted it back. When they couldn't get it back after three wars, they resorted to terrorism.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Right on Krs!! You hit the bullseye!
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 06:19 AM
    Exactly spot on with ScotGem - at the end of the day they are just jealous of the lifestyle me as an european has and also as the americans do.
    JEALOUSY..
    Jealousy is an illness.

RickJ - I understand that it is not individually the fault of the arabs, but they were arab terrorists who caused 9/11 and it was all after 9/11 that all these issues arose.

Ok then who's fault is it - THE AMERICAN'S FAULT??
    Uber Member

May 10, 2006, 06:37 AM
    It is the fault of the terrorists and the organizaton(s) they represent.

Those organizations do NOT represent Arabs or Moslems.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    It is the fault of the terrorists and the organizaton(s) they represent.

Those organizations do NOT represent Arabs or Moslems.
    So who do they represent - allah?
    Uber Member

May 10, 2006, 06:51 AM
    No, they represent the twisted ideals of their leaders!

This is no different than the atrocities of the Nazi's in WWII. The millions who were exterminated was not the fault of "the Germans", it was the fault of Adolf Hitler's regime.

May 10, 2006, 06:58 AM
    I have to agree with Rick that there is too broad a brush stroke here. Also these problems existed way before 9/11. Remember there was an earlier bombing of the WTC. It is correct to say that the people responsible for 9/11 were arabs, but not that Arabs were responsible.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
    Yes fair enough...
    It is quite an intense issue if you had too look right deep into it.

But I just feel disgusted by their acts, and the thousands of people that died in the twin towers - all inocent people. But those responsible for 9/11, are muslims and muslims believe - "those who are not muslims are the enemy".. that's to the point. And besides as I said before they are jealous of our way of living and want to destroy it in the name of allah.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2006, 07:03 AM
    I hesitate to go even as far as pointing out that they are arabs only because I know that way too often the illogical connection is made:

"The terrorists are arabs, so arabs are terrorists".
    Or
    "the terrorists are moslems, so moslems are terrorists"... and this second one is even worse, because anyone can CLAIM to be something but not really be... like the KKK here in america that CLAIM to be Christians.

As I've said before, most I know do not say "arabs are terrorists" but I am well aware that this sentiment is not uncommon.

It's sad, really.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 07:16 AM
    I read in quran and it specifically states :-
    "those who are not muslims are the enemy"...
    Now how can every one of us who is not muslim justify that statement?
    Uber Member

May 10, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    i read in quran and it specifically states :-
    "those who are not muslims are the enemy"...
    First, I'd like to see that in context, then I'd like to hear what a Qu'ran scholar says about it.

Regardless, though, I would not be able to comment on it's exact meaning in it's context.

Shakespeare was accurate when he wrote "The Devil can quote Scripture for his own purpose." (Merchant of Venice)

He spoke this of the Bible, which has many phrases that folk who do not understand Judeao-Christianity would call cruel or evil. I am sure that the Qu'ran is the same way.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

May 10, 2006, 07:42 AM
    I personally think that we have to give the responsibility to who it is due, the individuals who were terrorists, not the people as a whole. That is like saying that all Americans are bad because of Bush and what he is doing, or all Germans were evil, because of Hitler. I think that emotions are strong here, and I understand the reality of how aweful 911 was, but we can't let our emotions take over and cloud our rationalism. Yes, if I were in an Arab nation right now, of course I would rather be in America, where I can freely do what I please, but this is not so. THe whole world can't be America. We have our own problems as well. We are not a perfect nation by any means.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terrorist from Al-Gebra arrested [ 6 Answers ]

At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual, later discovered to be a public school teacher, was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a setsquare, a slide rule, and a calculator. At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales...

What's the definition of a Terrorist? [ 55 Answers ]

Terrorist "adj : characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities" Source: WordNet ® 2.0, ©...

View more questions Search