Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ReJoySing Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 06:54 AM
    a very old bracelet with them arkins CT18750
    I have a heavy gold coloured bracelet which looks quite old its about two inches wide... the links are made in a similar fashion to a mans watch... its quite a shiny bracelet and has the marking ct18750 on the clasp... it also has a safety clasp on it...

I inherited it from an old polish lady who used to live next door to my parents when she handed it over she implied that the bracelet may be worth something...

I would like to know a lot more about it... i.e where it may have originated,, what the markings mean... and most of all whether I should actually have it on my insurance!.

It could be that it had precious sentimental value to her... and she knew we wouldn't sell it and cherish it... but every time I look at it I feel uneasy... as I am not sure whether it is expensive or not sadly I have never worn it out despite the fact it has a safety clasp...

any information would be gratefully appreciated...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJoySing
    I have a heavy gold coloured bracelet which looks quite old its about two inches wide... the links are made in a similar fashion to a mans watch...its quite a shiny bracelet and has the marking ct18750 on the clasp... it also has a safety clasp on it...

i inherited it from an old polish lady who used to live next door to my parents when she handed it over she implied that the bracelet may be worth something...

i would like to know a lot more about it... i.e where it may have originated,,, what the markings mean... and most of all whether i should actually have it on my insurance!...

It could be that it had precious sentimental value to her... and she knew we wouldnt sell it and cherish it... but everytime i look at it i feel uneasy... as i am not sure whether it is expensive or not sadly i have never worn it out despite the fact it has a safety clasp...

any information would be gratefully appreciated...

Ct19850 means it's 18 karat gold. You'd have to get it appraised to determine if it should be insured. It's 75% gold so it's undoubtedly worth something by virtue of the gold content if not the age/manufacturer.

Without any additional information it's hard to tell.

Jan 26, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Hiya thanks for your information its hard to say what I've done is put the pics here... there should be three in totalName:  DSCN0443.jpg
Views: 2445
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  DSCN0444.jpg
Views: 2583
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  DSCN0447.jpg
Views: 2806
Size:  70.3 KB

Its really nice id like to wear it but I'm still scared also does anyone know if valuations cost anyting in the UK ?
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 06:50 AM

It looks beautiful - I wouldn't wear it without insurance because it's so eye catching. In the US there's a somewhat nominal fee for appraisals. Occasionally an antique shop will give you an idea but in my area if you want a written appraisal for your insurance company you have to pay for it.

Jan 26, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Thank you I really do like it and its spent yearsssssssssssssssssssssssssss not being worn its frustrating will try an antiqwue shop...
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJoySing View Post
    thank you i really do like it and its spent yearsssssssssssssssssssssssssss not being worn its frustrating will try an antiqwue shop...

Good - and come back and let me know how it works out, okay?

Jan 26, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Will do!! X
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 06:38 AM
    [QUOTE=PattiRabbit disagrees: 18 KT gold would read "750" not "850". I would have it tested by a trusted jewelry to determine if it is real solid gold or just plated or gold-filled. If the mark indeed indicates the gold content, it's higher than 18 kt. Good luck.
    .[/QUOTE]

I pay little attention to criticism from people who don't know the difference between "jeweler" and "jewelry" or, for that matter, how to spell either - both of which I didn't think were worth mentioning on multiple posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold Bracelet Id? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- My great aunt passed away and I found this bracelet in her jewellery box. It is very heavy and has the number 750 on the latch. It also has a mark that I truly can't make out. I think it's an "S" or "M" in a box. Thanks for any help!

Q-Ray bracelet ? [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone tried one of these ionic bracelets? My neighbor says they really work. Any opinions?

View more questions Search