Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsonal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Quadratic equations
    if a and b are positive numbers,prove that the equation
    (1/x)+(1/x-a)+(1/x+b)=0 has real roots,one between a/3and 2a/3 and the other between -2b/3 and -b/3.
    :confused::confused: :confused:
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 7, 2008, 05:33 AM
    This is surely homework, therefore on the wrong board...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 05:37 AM
    does (1/x - a) mean

(1/x) - a

or

(1/(x-a))

and yes, creden is right, we don't actually solve hw problems for you, but we can get you started on the right track

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic Equations [ 3 Answers ]

1. Perimeter of rectangle is 20 inches, area is 16 inches. Find measurements using quadratic formula and show quadratic equation. 2. Perimeter of rectangle is 54 inches, area is 140 inches. Find measurements using quadratic formula and show quadratic equation.

Quadratic Equations [ 1 Answers ]

The perimeter of the rectangle is 14 feet, and the area is 12 square feet. What is the width of the rectangle? I only have one example to go by and I don't get how it works with this problem.

Quadratic equations [ 1 Answers ]

Hai please help me to solve this problem Some students arranged a picnicthe budget for the food was Rs 240. Because four students of the group failed to go the cost of food to each students got increased by Rs 5 how many students went for the picnic? Please help me

Quadratic equations [ 2 Answers ]

1.paul rode his motorbike for X hours at an average speed of (30x + 5)km/h. if the total distance travelled was 385km find his average speed for the jorny? solve this question by using quadratic equations formula.:)

Quadratic equations [ 1 Answers ]

A rain gutter is to be made up of rectangular aluminum sheets 12 inches wide by turning up the sides edges 90 degrees. What depth (of the edges) will provide a maximum cross sectional area and thereby provide for the greatest flow of water? (Hint, think of quadratic equations and you want to...

View more questions Search