Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ross willson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Green card status .
    Friend of mine he entered usa 5months beforehis wife apply for him they have kids he got green card for 10 years. Now the wife wants start harresing him that he needs needs to listen to her other wise she can give him divorce and he can loose his green card can you please help us. What is the status of my friend green card in this case he has 2 kids those r citizens they are the age of 4 and 3
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 11:33 AM
    If he's granted 10 years on his green card, divorce will not effect his legal status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urgent: Married citizen and apply green card, H1-B status [ 3 Answers ]

HI, Thanks for your attention. I just married a citizen recently and my H1-B visa will expired at the end of Sept 2008. While I'm applying the green card, do I need to renew my H1-B visa? Do you know can I still continue to work with my company? Also, for the form I-864 affidavit of support...

Green card [ 1 Answers ]

I am seeing a girl from the Philippines and we plan to marry. She has been here, and working, since 2006. Her visitor visa is expired a year. Is there anyway we can get a green card for her?

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

H1B status after married green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

My H1B visa will expire in 2010. I plan to marry with 2-year-green card holder. Will I get green card too? How long does it take? And if I quit my job after I married, am I still legel to stay in US? Can I go out of US and come back? Give me some advise pleassssssse

F-1 status terminated due to green card application, pay FICA? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student who did an internship using CPT this summer. My employer did not withhold FICA taxes from my wages or the sign on bonus I received in December. Prior to school, I filed my taxes as a resident alien and last year (F-1 status but all wages from H-1B period),...

View more questions Search