Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tirednhurt86 Posts: 56, Reputation: 16

May 7, 2006, 01:42 PM
    It is now over
    So thank you all so much for the encouragement in the last post I wrote. Last night I got up the courage to say "its over isnt it?" I needed to know. He had slowly erased me from his life. We ended up breaking up. He said I had made him agree to the break. This was my first serious relationship. I am 19 years old. He was 24 years old. I am very hurt. I know he did not treat me right. He would not hold my hand anymore, he never wanted to kiss me and put his hand in front of my face if I tried. I made him my life- which I know was my mistake. I bought him so much, wasted so much time and love on him. I got not even half of it back. He would treat me like garbage in public, try to make jokes of me to our friends. I would say I love you and he said yeah OK goodbye at the end of the night. I have put up with this for the past year out of the whole 2 years. I swear I don't know what happened. He changed. He used to love me so much, and treat me right. Then he changed. This is going to take so much time for me to get over. I cannot stop crying. Deep down I cried the whole past year- I knew he had stopped loving me like he used to. Everyone saw it and told me to leave him- but I couldn't. My friend said I was in an addictive relationship. I put him before myself and since I was with him since I was 17 he had all of me. I don't even know myself. Does anybody have any advice on how I move on? How do I work on me? How do I become happy to be alone, since I really have never been alone before. How can I learn to love again? How do I heal this broken heart, and stop crying? Please, anyone with advice, that has been through this or knows anything about this, please help me and encourage me because I feel like giving up and just lying in bed and doing nothing. Thank you all so much again.
    love and be loved Posts: 34, Reputation: -2

May 7, 2006, 03:00 PM
    You have to relize that he was not what was making you happy it was you loving him that made you happy

You can move on find some one else to care about someone who is good to some one who will make you happy and not just someone to care about

Relly hope that helps and I wish you the best of luck

May 7, 2006, 03:02 PM
    Sry did not read it over I meant some one who is food to you (first line 2 paragraph)

May 7, 2006, 03:03 PM
    Sry again good not food lol I have to learn to read over these things first
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 7, 2006, 06:52 PM
    Crying is helping you. You should also learn a lot about who you are and what you want from this relationship. Learn to love yourself and you will be loved by others. Stay single and buy a body pillow... lol... or sleep with a teddy bear. You might also get a pet. They love unconditionally and depend on you as no human can. Don't rush into dating even if your friends want to "set you up". The intention is great, but don't give in until your ready. Find a place to vent... write, draw, talk to people here. We all vent from time to time and there's a great feeling in the annomity of it all. Don't forget your friends... go out with the girls. I hope this next part doesn't offend. If you need sexual release then invest in a toy. It might not be the real thing but knowing it's there will keep you from the one nighters that you really don't want to have. Besides, it will help you "discover yourself" in more ways than one... Oh and you don't have to buy it gifts, or tell white lies to it. Ok so that might have been a little much but I think it would be a good idea.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Always look at the bright side, you could have married the bum and had a few kids by him. At least now the break is clean and your free to be who ever you want to be and do whatever you want so after mourning for this dead relationship a real life awaits for your pleasure and happiness! Good luck. :cool: :)
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

May 7, 2006, 10:10 PM
    You are 19, not 99! Your life isn't over by any stretch of the imagination. You will meet so many different men, some you will like more than others and vice-versa. Focus on your life, your goals, what you want out of it. This guy made you feel good, there are so many other much more deserving things of your time and attention. Volunteer your time at a worthwhile cause. Helping others is so wonderful and it is a definite vaccine against feeling sorry for yourself. It lifts your spirits the way nothing can. Lie in bed and let your days turn into weeks, and then months and you will still feel lousy. Get up and out and on with your life. Take charge of the direction you want it to go. Just do it! It's hard, yeah, so what, lots of things are. Meet that challenge head on and do things that will strengthen your confidence. Don't worry about guys right now, concentrate on you and what you can do for others who can really use your help.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2006, 05:09 AM
    Hi,
    At 22 yrs old, my true love of 6 years found someone else, while we were attending separate colleges! My world had ended; or so I thought. It took me a year before I started doing some "serious" dating again! Really looking for someone else. I am now 64, married 29 yrs. And, to this day, I will never forget her, and sometimes think of the great times we had together. I also still remember names, of those other girls I had a good time with.
    I felt the same way, didn't want to do anything, didn't know what to do with myself, and was completely lost.
    You will eventually be able to carry on, move on, and will see life in a very different way. It hurts... been there, done that!
    Happens to most all of us, and you are not alone.
    I wish you the best, and believe me, talking with others is the best way.
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

May 8, 2006, 01:14 PM
    I agree with all the posts above.
    Almost everyone had a broken heart - at least once.
    Let's hope this will be you only time - just learn what you can from this experience - so that in the end, it will enrich you.
    You might need to cry for a while, and one day it will stop, and after a while you'll notice you're not crying any more!
    Be with people, spend your time with friends, and, as talaniman said -you're lucky not to have married this man, and end up leading an unhappy life. It's better to cry one year than a whole life time.
    I wish you the best of luck,
    Millie
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2006, 07:53 AM
    You should be happy this piece of trash is gone. You will find someone better - just don't make them your life. Ok?
    Jayjay027 Posts: 153, Reputation: 31

May 10, 2006, 05:25 PM
    Im so sorry to hear that you are hurt and upset.
    You have, however, been given great advice on here, and you have also been given a chance for a new beginning.
    I know its difficult to see it now, but someday you'll look at this relationship as a learning curve. You'll learn from your mistakes, and become a stronger person as a result.

I wish you the best of luck with everything. Just remember, the crying will stop, and the heartache will fade, and you'll still be happy, healthy and enjoying life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search