Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommytman Posts: 153, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Bathroom in basement venting question
    Hi,
    I know this has been asked before but I am still a little confused. We are going to instal a bathroom group in a basement. We are too far away from the main line and will need to vent the group but can't access any existing vents. My question is
    1. Does the toilet need to be vented in any way...
    2. The shower and lavoratory (sink) will be down stream from the toilet. Can we simply use a mechanical vent on the sink to vent the whole bathroom group?

Thanks.
    Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 7, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Hi Tommy,

1) "Does the toilet need to be vented in any way?"
    Not unless local codes calls for it. The toilet will wet vent through the lavatory vent.
    2) "The shower and lavoratory (sink) will be down stream from the toilet. Can we simply use a mechanical vent on the sink to vent the whole bathroom group??"
    It works for me if local codes will allow a AAV. However to do this you must configure the shower drain to connect into the lavatory drain line.
    You couldn't vent back into the main srack even if you were right next to it anyhow. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Bathroom Venting [ 2 Answers ]

I had my rough in inspection yesterday, and everything looked good except my venting for my sinks. I am installing a bathroom lav and a wetbar sink, running into a 2" wet vent that already has a tub/shower on it. Since the distance to the furthest sink is just under 5' from the wet vent I thought...

Venting a basement bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

I have a rough in for a full bath in my basement. House was built in 2000 in Pa. Two story colonial. I can locate two vents from the 1st floor bath. One 2" vent right of the WC drain and one 1.5" off the shower on the first floor. There is a 2nd floor bath over the first. I can hear the 2nd...

Basement Venting Question [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering if I can I put in a 2" common vent upstream from shower draining into a 3" line with a toilet downstream from the shower? If not, what are my options in this simple fixture layout? The total length of the 3" run is no more than from main and the length of each fixture drain is no...

Bathroom Plumbing/Venting Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing a bathroom remodel and moving the location of the fixtures to make more use of the limited space. The question is, will the room be vented properly based on the drawing I have submitted. I would really rather not have to run a new vent here. Thanks a lot for your help.

Venting basement bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, First time here. I am finishing my basement in Milwaukee. The washer dumps into a sink which has a 2" line that y's into a 4" drain that is stubbed up from the slab. This is not the main stack. The 4" ties to the main 4" about 12' away under the slab. The 4" stub rises from the...

View more questions Search