Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lukesign Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2003, 07:35 AM
    How is degree verification done?
    Dear All,

I am going to be offering some positions and I may want to require a degree/s.

What is the usual way an employer goes about accepting that an applicant has a degree or not?

Just accept that the applicant is telling the truth?

Asking to see the degree?

Asking to see transcripts?

Calling the university?

What usually occurs?

Thanks.
    juanruiz Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2003, 08:38 AM
    How is degree verification done?
    Different employers have different policies as regards information on a resume. Some verify everything: education, previous employers, references. Others take the resume at face value. Most will accept an official university transcript to which the degree has been posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

Verification of supposed death [ 2 Answers ]

If I live in the USA, what must I do to verify the supposed death of someone in China without having to pay a private inverstigator $300.00.

F1-OPT-H1B Verification [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, based on the info below -Atlanta TaxPayer Expert - you said my F-1 visa status expired on Jan 04. My New question is: Is this true even though I was given an F-1 visa with an expiration date of May-30-2005? Thank you very much!! I have been in the US since August 2000. I started...

Education/Degree Verification [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to find out in davance whether an employer will try verify education/degrees for applicants? Is there a standard for this, particularly among municipal employers?

View more questions Search