Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sreeder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 12:34 PM
    How do I remove old pull chain light fixture from ceiling fan
    I have a Gulf Coast Ceiling Fan with a low profile light fixture. It has 2 separate pull chains. One for the fan and one for the light. The light pull chain is the problem. It is not turning off the light by the chain. The wall switch turns off both the fan and the light. This tells me it's the light pull chain switch that needs replacement. I purchased a replacement pull chain fixture for the light, however I don't know how to find the old switch within the light fixture and I have no visual diagram. I have unscrewed the light cover. You can see the halogen bulb that's attached to a metal plate or bracket? How do I remove it and get to the old pull chain? It looks like the old pull chain fixture is behind this bracket. I see two screws on this bracket. However, I don't want to take them out if I can't get it back together or if this is the wrong way to proceed. Should I remove these two screws? All of the previously posted answers refer to the fan pull switch and not the light pull switch. The power is turned off :p
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Check out these directions here and let me know if you need more help:

Ceiling fan pull chain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More
    sreeder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Sir, your answer and link does not answer my question. My question is regarding the pull chain on the light switch, not on the fan. I need to know how to access old switch on the light. Again it looks like it's behind a metal plate housing the halogen bulb. This plate has two screws. Is this where you remove the plate to access the old switch?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2008, 06:50 PM
    That link applies to light pullchains as well.

If your question is accessing the switch that depends on the fixture. I would need to see pictures of the plate in question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan light pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

I pulled the chain to hard, can I replace the chain? If so how, Is their a kit to buy or does it come all on its own? Or do I need to get a new ceiling fan? In the dark?

Wiring pull chain kit to light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4 light chandelier in the ceiling and need to add a pull chain kit, my question is where does the pull chain wiring get wired to? I know the chandelier black and white wires go to the ceiling wires but am confused as to where to wire the pull chain black and wires to.

Replacing a pull chain light fixture [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to replace a 2 bulb, glass shade, bedroom type pull chain light in my basement room redo. There is a poor selection of pull on fixures out there! Can a 3 arm ceiling fan fixure be installed alone as a ceiling light that would pull on/off? Can I use a canopy kit to cover the...

Wiring a pull chain light fixture [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced a 1956 ceramic pull-chain lighting fixture in the basement (bare bulb), but can't get it to work. (My kids pulled the chain out of the old one, which used to work fine.)I wired a new one the same way, but it won't turn on. I replaced the new fixture with another new fixture, thinking...

View more questions Search