Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chandon724 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Dead beat dad
    I have a 6 year old daughter who have a dead beat dad. I have been a single mom for 6 years and her father doesn't do anything for her. I take care of her by myself with no help from him. He then had the nerves to have another baby who he jumps for every time her mom says she need some. I have given him many of chances even making payment plans with him we go half on everything and I check with him first just so we are on the same page.I even told him if you can't take care of her financially I would get another job just watch her and spend some time with her he can't do that either. So I have come to the point where I feel my daughter is better off not even knowing the LOSSER.his name is not on her birth certificate so I would like to know how can I get his rights taken away. I 've been through this with my own dad and 27years later he too is still a LOOSER and I don't want my daughter going through the same thing I went through because she will hurt more knowing that he 's in the picture not loving her then she would not knowing him:rolleyes:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Well first you stop playing "lets make a deal" with him, stop expecting him to do the right thing or asking his permission on things.

What do you do, you file against him for child support, what you should have done 6 years ago. *** did not sound like you have done this** And you use the courts to get our money. He may or may not ask for visits.

You can not take his rights away.
    sanobia89 Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Sep 6, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    You can not take his rights away.
    I kind of sort of disagree with that statement
    You can take away his rights but the only
    Thing about that is you have to get him to
    Agree with it...
    But anyway if he not trying to take care of
    Her, don't sit up there and wait for him to take care
    Of her
    You can't make him take care of her
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
    If he is the father he has rights. The judge can determine what those rights are or are not.
    katsnewlife Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 09:58 AM
    "Making a deal" or giving up custody in exchange for back support is frowned on by the judicial system. I found that out when a friend of mine went through a similar situation.

Don't worry if he's saying you won't let him see the child... if he really wanted to, he'd file a complaint and everything would be on file.

My ex said the same thing thinking it would make me look bad... lol! Truth is, I couldn't care less about anyone who would believe that line!

Kat
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelle
    If he is the father he has rights. The judge can determine what those rights are or are not.

Unless he is the legal, adjudicated father - and I don't see any indication of this - he has no rights until someone gives him rights.

If you have contrary knowledge, please let me know - I don't know what State you are in, of course.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnewlife
    "Making a deal" or giving up custody in exchange for back support is frowned on by the judicial system. I found that out when a friend of mine went through a similar situation.

Don't worry if he's saying you won't let him see the child...if he really wanted to, he'd file a complaint and everything would be on file.

My ex said the same thing thinking it would make me look bad....lol! Truth is, I couldn't care less about anyone who would believe that line!

Kat

In some States it's child selling - just posted on the legal board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead beat dad [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter who have a dead beat dad. I have been a single mom for 6 yeasrs and her father dosen't do anything for her. I take care of her by myself with no help from him. He then had the nerves to have another baby who he jumps for every time her mom says she need some. I have...

Not dead beat dad, beat dead dad. [ 9 Answers ]

Ive been court for five yrs every six months. I have no education and work at just above minimum wages. I have deleted my parents savings in court. I have part time visitation since the divorce five yrs ago. My x files petitions against me every time I get behind one payment. I have paid her lawyer...

Dead Beat Dad [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is this: I live in Georgia and my ex husband and I divorced 3 yrs ago after 3 yrs of marriage. We have 2 children age 13 & 6. After my divorce was final I began seeing someone else and we are now engaged. My ex husband has had no contact with my children since the divorce was...

Lien against dead beat dad [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband is a dead beat dad and has made no child support payments since our divorce in 12/06. Child Services will take 6-8 weeks to begin their processes of enforcement. So, since he own a house (with his brother and the house may soon be repossessed by the state) can I file a lien on the...

View more questions Search