Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dallas22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Bad Credit No Money Down Mortgage?
    Is it possible to acquire a mortgage with bad credit and no money down? I am in Phoenix,
    Arizona area. I have a small part time job and my husband is self employed. Thank you for your advice and information.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Two years ago, the answer would have been YES, NO PROBLEM!

Today, It would be very doubtful you could obtain such a mortgage.

Your best bet would be to find someone to do a contract for deed, if you
    Can locate such a sales option.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 11:13 AM
    I guess beyond that question, is even should you be getting one.

But yes a few years ago, you could have gotten 110 percent mortages, but as most had to be foreclosed, the majority of lenders going bankrupt, and even today the news that the Feds may have to take over the major lending institutions, there are few high risk lenders left.

So you work, save up money for down payments and improve your credit score where you can buy something you can afford

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit score /new mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take for credit score to go back up after a new mortgage?

Bad credit mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get a Home loan with no dowm payment and a credit score of 570?

Bad credit mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

My credit rating is 674 and I have no income right now, my husbands credit rating is 488. He's had some c.c. troubles recently while we were separated. We're trying to get a mortgage loan, but they all are wanting 20% and then a refinance withn5 years. They go off my husbands credit score since he...

How to buy a house with bad credit, no credit, and no money down [ 22 Answers ]

I'm a mother of two, one 22 who is going to have a baby in oct. who is with the daddy of the baby, he is trying very hard, working all the time. But most of his money is going towards the baby. Then one 17 who is mildy mental retarded, They all live in a one room basement apartment. They really...

Bad credit Mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking to refinance my existing mortgage but I have really bad credit (less than 500) --does anyone know of any reputable mortgage lenders in ny that refinance w/ such low scores. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mia My current rate is already 8.9%---ouch

View more questions Search