Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jsimm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 10:17 AM
    No hot water from Moen shower faucet
    I have a Moen shower faucet. There is no hot water coming out but the sink has plenty of hot water.

Any ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 6, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Shut the water off to the faucet and remove the cartridge. Ckeck and clear the inlet ports om the bottom of the cartridge. Before you button up turn the hot water on for a minute to flush out the supplies and valve body. You should see a strong stream when you do this. Ifnot, let me know. Good luck, Tom
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Sep 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Replace the cartridge and that should take care of the problem----Zeke---
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
    How old is your faucet and what's the model number?
    Are you aware of that Moen products are life time warranty?
    Call them give them the model number they will send you what parts you need with no charge, I would follow Tom's way before replacing the cartridge, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Shower faucet-Moen 1988 [ 3 Answers ]

The handle operates only the water flow to the shower head. It will not push in far enough to turn the water all the way off. What's wrong?

Moen Faucet in Shower only running cold. [ 11 Answers ]

Moen faucet in shower but no hot water coming out. Only been in the house a year and a half and it was brand new. It did work for a while and now it does not. Any ideas? Thanks.

Moen Single Faucet Shower [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved in to my place, and the shower knob is pointing straight up. If I turn it to the right I have ridiculously cold water. If I turn it to the left I have ridiculously hot water, unless I go as far left as possible, at which point it is bearable to shower and not scolding. Any ideas on...

View more questions Search