Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larmary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Getting Insurances to pay claims.
    I work at an eye doctor's office. I am having trouble getting insurances to pay for medical procedures that should be covered. When I call I sometimes get a foreign country other times I get someone that tells me to call a CPT code person/organization because they can not tell me what code to use to get it paid. The CPT tell me I am using the right code. So it is an impasse. Help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Your doctors office should have someone who is trained and knows the proper codes if not you should hire a outside biling company that does this professionally.

Also coverage for that person should be verified prior to treatment.

If the insurance company is not paying on valid codes you do have the right to sue them or merely go back to the patient for payment and let the patient deal with the insurance company.
    larmary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 10:58 AM
    We do have a Insurance person - very knowledgeable and trained - They were stumped and I was trying my hand at getting an answer.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 07:31 PM
    The doctor should know the appropriate code to bill. What procedure are you curious about? What insurance is it? Keep in mind that insurance companies will search out reasons to deny your claim, so always make sure that every tiny piece of information is correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sub claims [ 3 Answers ]

What are sub claims in a thesis?

T4 claims [ 2 Answers ]

If I found discrepancies with the T4's sent out to our employees and my employer refuses to fix them what kind of trouble would they be in if they got caught?

Guy claims my mom hit his car [ 7 Answers ]

My mom pulled into a gas station, backed up into position, and as she put it "brushed against the pump hose." She got out of the car and casually checked it out before pumping gas, and the guy behind her said "you just hit my car." He then pointed to a large dent in the front hood of his car. My...

Who claims her [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question. I am not with my daughters father for the past 4 years. I have always claimed her. 2 years ago I was married, and this year I had another child. He is telling me because I have another child now, he should be able to claim my daughter so that we both come out of it with money. He...

View more questions Search